Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

ive read some posts about nitrous here, and running direct port and such, but i dont really wanna get into modifying my manifold..i really wanna run 50 dry shot. and it might only be afor a little while. i dont wanna keep nitrous permanent, b/c one day i might wanna "plug the hole" so thats why i dont wanna D.P. its easier to plug a hole in your intake than in yor entire intake manifold...what do yall think? is that fine for a 50-75 shot? it would be casual use..im not a track guy, but sometimes i get caught up in a moment where i need that 50+ boost against a v8 or something..any advice? I mean, ZEX has a kit, NOS has a kit, and NX has a kit...whats the better kit? and also, i wanna run a purge valve..

·
Registered
582 Posts
Go with a wet NX 75 shot - wet of course. Zex is nice but pricey. You don't need a purge, FP safety switch, window switch, or anything - except for a bottle heater. NX solenoids are amazing.

A purge kit with only a small shot is a huge waste. You'll try to show-off and end up purging your entire bottle. It ain't nothing to motor purge.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
got any pics of what it looks like? and what the essientials are? i read the link, but i cant put the picture together in my head... is it wide open throttle and it sprays? thats what i want.and whats a good bottle location in our cars? trunk? i want the gauge and all.

·
Registered
864 Posts
i've got the nitrous works kit from howellautomotive.com on the way. i will let you know how it works. it says it only goes up to a 50 shot, but i think you can get a 75 nozzle, or jet.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
a wet kit is the way to go, I use NX solenoids, since they have the best reputation for not seizing.The 'Shark" nozzle works very well also. You don't need to buy a '50shot' kit or '75 shot' kit. Just buy a universal EFI wet kit. For there you can buy all the goodies to make it perfect for an SVT. Any EFI kit can be jetted to run 50,75 or more, but some of the cheaper ones might have trouble with the solenoids on a bigger shot.

Goodies I think are 'must have's for an SVT set-up...
CFM sells the fuel line adapter to tap in for fuel solenoid.
MSD sells a digital RPM window switch that DOES NOT require a tach adapter! The part number is MSD8969, I bought mine from Summitt racing (if you need help with installing it, just shoot me a PM)
A fuel pressure safety switch is a good idea, although, I have had no problems going without.

A 10lb bottle fits nearly perfectly into your spare tire well, if you are looking for a sleek install, you can see pics of my set-up in my gallery.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
i have a venom computerize kit it pretty good

·
Registered
140 Posts
how does the SVTF engine react to nitrous. I heard that it puddles in the intake manifold. I want to go FI and been thinkin about nitrous but i just want to make sure that our engines can handle it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
It don't puddle. I have ran 10 bottles through my car with no problems what so ever.

Unless your going to the track, a window switch is not necessary. I've even ran at the track without a window switch.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
see, i dont know nothing about these things. if you could give me a list of what i need, besides the NX kit, please do so, and once there is a list, i can start piecing it together. thanks!

·
Registered
778 Posts
a NX kit is a good kit. They work great with stock pump & give true power as stated.They showed that NOS 10 shot only added 87 ,the Nitrous works 100 gave 91, ZEX 100 gave 94,TNT 100 gave 97, NX 100 gave 102.3. Just pick the best plugs( call NX for a idea on plug & gap).

·
Registered
60 Posts
NX_Focus said:
a NX kit is a good kit. They work great with stock pump & give true power as stated.They showed that NOS 10 shot only added 87 ,the Nitrous works 100 gave 91, ZEX 100 gave 94,TNT 100 gave 97, NX 100 gave 102.3. Just pick the best plugs( call NX for a idea on plug & gap).

A good gap is around .035 for nitrous. AZFS22C is approx 1 step colder
or Denso ITV22 > 1 step Colder Denso ITV24 > 2 steps colder. The Denso's come pre gapped at .031 IIRC. I run the ITV24 on spray.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts