Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/2596992042.html

2003 ZX3 Hatchback with 2005 front clip, silver. Car has salvage title and is NOT ROAD LEGAL! 2.3L DOHC engine, 270+hp, 13:1 compression, race cams, sheet metal intake manifold, billet throttle body, custom header and 3" exhaust. 5-Speed manual transmission, racing gear set, Torsen Differential. SVT Focus brake system. Koni and Eibach coil overs with fully adjustable suspension. Light weight 17" wheels. Car has rear wing and front splitter. Car was fully track sorted but has been sitting for the past 4 years. 6six1-8three9-3one1five
I see a few things wrong though, the picture is of an 05+ front end, hes claiming 270+ hp, though its not turbo'd (he has a header), which is pretty amazing for a 2.3

Frankly, a 270hp n/a duratec is worth 4k alone imo.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
im not lookin for me.. i dont have the money or space for a racecar, but i find it a lil hard to believe a n/a 2.3 is making 270.
Just call to get more info. You don't have to buy it lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Sounds like it was his race car? Front end being different could be due from the fact that it has a salvaged title. Which means it was rebuilt, and looks like he put a 05' front end on. Also have you not seen any of the video's I've posted with 300+ hp duratec's? Granted they are not in focus's but kit cars and stuff, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Sounds like this might be someone's dream buy?

·
Busy Monkey
4,461 Posts
I'm 99% sure 270hp is not possible from an N/A motor. Not street legal, abused on the track, been sitting for 4 years. Run the other way. My 2 cents

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
they are probably est. crank hp numbers. sounds like a walter marcy project from back in the day. i vote legit.

·
Registered
644 Posts
100 HP PER LETTER isn't impractical on a car look at Hondas they do it on regular fuel and we are talking about a result motor what's to say he didn't bore it out to a 2.5 or a 2.6 and with race came and intake we are looking at a car that can probably handel 8500 -9000 rpm with race fuel its due able little high but due able

·
Registered
405 Posts
they are probably est. crank hp numbers. sounds like a walter marcy project from back in the day. i vote legit.
I think it is that car, or maybe Aerostudent (sp?). I think that's his SN on FJ. It was ~270 bhp which was around ~240 whp IIRC. With those specs that number is reasonable.

·
Registered
435 Posts
yea i have a 2.3L duratec non turbo, ill be lucky to touch 180, and i mean lucky, this guy is full of S[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)], if anyone is seriously considering this car, then don't cuz it could be the criaglist killer because clearly he doesn't know what he's talking about....really...a sheet metal intake manifold....I just started to luagh

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
yea i have a 2.3L duratec non turbo, ill be lucky to touch 180, and i mean lucky, this guy is full of S[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)], if anyone is seriously considering this car, then don't cuz it could be the criaglist killer because clearly he doesn't know what he's talking about....really...a sheet metal intake manifold....I just started to luagh

If you think he is full of shit. Call him and tell him that. Your 2.3 is just loud Haha

·
Registered
435 Posts
lol, i did just that, funniest s[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] ever, he got so madd hahaha... Honestly i really need someone to drive my car to see what everyone is talking about, i don't think its that loud as u say guys, i just need the proof lol

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
lol, i did just that, funniest s[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] ever, he got so madd hahaha... Honestly i really need someone to drive my car to see what everyone is talking about, i don't think its that loud as u say guys, i just need the proof lol
Lol. Ya man its loud. I saw the vid of you racing Richard that shit was loud Haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts