Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be safe if i didnt retard the timing while running a 65 shot if i used 94 octane gas? or should i not do that and stick with the 55 shot?

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Ahh, the beginning of the end ..leave it be for a while, yes, you should be safe , but then you'll want a 75, then 100....then....BOOM, naw, just kidding, anything above 50 is getting marginal on the stock fuel system, IMO, 75 can be used, but I think the clock is ticking at that point, if you are going to go above the 55 I would go one step colder on the plugs and ONLY....ONLY run premium fuel, and get a fuel pressure cut-off switch if you don't have one yet, see my answer to your other post.....isn't nitrous fun...[:D]

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
colder plug? what is that just a non platinium plug or should i ask them for a colder plug? is it all around different?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
please do the other mods first, or atleast do them asap

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
A colder plug is one heat range colder, it can be platinum or regular tip, the style of plug has no effect on the heat range, some argue ( its true at high levels of nitrous use) that a platinum plug can be bad..
I will agree with above for now..do some other mods next as trying to get more out of the nitrous gets difficult..you will be suprised what a 65 mm TB will give you, and depending on your local smog nazis try to finish the full pipe and header, then with that 55 shot, that thing will fly!!

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
So it looks like your pretty much stock. I thought that some basic bolt on mods like intake manifold and exhaust was required to run nitrous. I guess I was wrong/misinformed.

Viney266, besides the nitrous, what are your mods ?

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
You can run nitrous on a bone stock car, it just works better the more f ree flowing the car is

1 - 9 of 9 Posts