Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well like the title says I either have my self a lemon or a bad ford mechanic... My 08 ses is in the shop for the 3rd time due to a internal tranny breakage... The car is a atx no performance mods no neutral bombing and or racing... This is my dailey driver to get to work and to get the kids to town and back but it spends more time in the shop than on the road.....anybody else having problems with there's... The dealer I got it from leaked that he sees on average 4-5 a day!!!!!! I believe This is a lil rediculous no???? But anyways if any one else is having this problem or has any suggestions then plz let me know thanks...

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
As far as I know the people around where I work at that have the ATX don't have any problems with their tranny. Maybe try a different place?

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
Well like the title says I either have my self a lemon or a bad ford mechanic... My 08 ses is in the shop for the 3rd time due to a internal tranny breakage... The car is a atx no performance mods no neutral bombing and or racing... This is my dailey driver to get to work and to get the kids to town and back but it spends more time in the shop than on the road.....anybody else having problems with there's... The dealer I got it from leaked that he sees on average 4-5 a day!!!!!! I believe This is a lil rediculous no???? But anyways if any one else is having this problem or has any suggestions then plz let me know thanks...
i work for a ford dealership as an assistant service manager. the only 08-11 focus ive seen with trans issues was one with a leaking seal. thats it. the new foci dont have trans issues.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Is this an independent mechanic or a ford dealer?
Try a different shop and see what they say

What exactly is the problem? Did they only tell you it's internal tranny breakage? Is it still under warranty?

I have a 2009 with ATX and I just rolled over 50400 miles this weekend with nothing breaking. I did get some shift slippage around 20k but that was fixed in a few hours and was told it was a bad shift solenoid and Ford had an updated part for it and they replaced it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes this was the a ford dealer...actually the one i bought it from...and im not really expeincing problems with 3 or 4 its just complete catstofic faluire with no warning...honestly the first time i was aggravated the the secon pi$$ed and now the third i mean really im just really dissapointed in one of our few american made companys ya know

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
yes this was the a ford dealer...actually the one i bought it from...and im not really expeincing problems with 3 or 4 its just complete catstofic faluire with no warning...honestly the first time i was aggravated the the secon pi$$ed and now the third i mean really im just really dissapointed in one of our few american made companys ya know
could be that the tech working on it hasnt fixed it right the first time??

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
It sounds to me like you might just have a bad trans! I would see if they would replace the whole thing as it is a continues problem. Also Post this in the Tech section and the Ford Rep will assist you in getting the problem fixed.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Should of got an MTX [joke].. If its a continuing problem, ford should just swap out your ATX.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I do love my 5speed, just wish it was a 6speed!
I have not owned an automatic since 1998! In fact i have never owned a Ford with an automatic, I don't really know how they last or any problems they may have!

·
Registered
467 Posts
sounds like a tech problem, have they replaced the whole unit or is this guy trying to go into it and rebuild it each time?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would love it if they would swap it for a mtx that would jus be awesome buts I doubt they will do that with outa huge amount of money that my warranty won't cover...and yes they keep rebuilding instead of jus putting a new in it...don't make much sense to me but I guess that's why I don't have a job there huh lol

·
Registered
467 Posts
you should get an appointment with the service manager and explain the situation to him, you go at it the right way you should be able to get what you want. If not ask him for their ford reps phone number and the ford customer service number.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds good focustech beleave I will have to do that real soon...and what do you think they would say if I asked for a swap from a atx to mtx...do you think that would outta the question or do think he would start seein big dollar signs??? I would have bought a 5speed to begin with but I basically to what my new credit would allow me and that wasn't much of any options for me...

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
The dealership is not going to swap in a MTX for you, that is locked in by your VIN from Ford. They would have to most likely change out the computer, wiring harness, Brake fluid res, add a clutch master cylinder, Clutch hydraulics lines, new center console, add a shifter assembly and so on. And they are not going to do that for anyone!
You must have gotten it used then, as the new car are cheaper ($1000) with just a MTX.
Good luck with you car!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea well that's what I figured but hey wishful thinkin right lol and yes it was used but only slightly...I know I know used ain't normally the best but I had to do what I had to do ya know

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
There is nothing wrong with getting a used car. I have owned 8 cars in the last 15 years and all but 2 were used.

·
Registered
302 Posts
This is why when I ordered my fully loaded 08 SES I had them install a 5 speed!. The salesman thought I was crazy and that it would affect the resale value. I told him "Its a Ford Focus! you don't buy a Focus for re sale value, you just drive it until it cant be fixed anymore then just junk it. Not only did the 5 speed reduce the cost of the car by $600.00 but the 5 speed transmission weighs much less than the auto. The SES is MUCH more responsive with the 5 speed than the automatic!. Replacing a clutch is much less money than replacing a auto trans.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ll beleive me I would have loved to went ordered it the way I wanted and trust me it woulda been with a 5 speed...but when your stuck with a crappy paying job and nuthin better around with a kid and one on the way at 21...you kinda take what you can get ya know

1 - 19 of 19 Posts