Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright tomorrow i am checking out a set of used coilovers that i found on Craigslist they are eibach coilovers and the guy is selling them cheap really cheap i was wondering if i should check things on the coilovers to make sure that im not getting some worthless carp so if of you guys have ideas of what i should check ill make sure to ask the seller thanks

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I'm not a fan of buying used shocks unless I know how they were used (e.g. knowing the person that used them etc.). First question I'd ask is how many miles are on them. If over 20 to 25 K miles I'd definitely pass on them, but that's me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i asked him that question about how many miles are on them and he didnt know he said that they came with the car when he got it and took them off but he said they are in good shape

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
First call eibach to see if they are rebuildable. Then check them for ware. Leaking seals or oil all over it. The guy probably cleaned them so I would compress the shocks to see if they are soft or stiff and the quickness the rebound is. Check for rust/corrosion. See if they have any part numbers and check them to see if they are real eibachs too

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'd pass on thou's. If they are rebuildable, how much would it cost to have them gone thru? Probility more than a new kit.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i told the guy told that i cant buy them now but hes selling me the whole kit for 100 bucks which is stupid cheap for it ill see if he has the number on the shocks and struts

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
I bet u its ground control coil sleeves that use eibach springs - ebay stuff

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Haven't seen any of our sponsors sell them or focus centered shops. I've only seen them on ebay and craigslist. Or is ground control knock offs then?

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Haven't seen any of our sponsors sell them or focus centered shops. I've only seen them on ebay and craigslist. Or is ground control knock offs then?
They don't sell them no more thats why. I had some when i first got my car

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
If they are GC stuff then buy them and don't even worry about the shocks. Eibach dampeners are prone to premature blow out anyways.

Buy these, find some Koni Yellows and drive the piss out of it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah thats for other people he would sell them to me for 100 bucks i wanna put the rear coil in to adjust the back a little bit just to make the car flush so is no gab between the tire and fender

1 - 14 of 14 Posts