Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a new catalytic converter for my 03 SVT? O2 sensors and converter went bad and the mech said that the new cat from ford will be $2000! I dont know why its so expensive but im looking for either a stock SVT converter or info on any performance or aftermarket converters that wont effect the performance at all. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
Why not get a CFM HFC?

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
There's no way in hell that a catalytic converter will cost $2,000. Either he thinks you're stupid, or is trying to make a helluva profit.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I second trailbikerider...there is no way that a catalytic converter will even come close to that...it's even way safe to say that a catalytic converter plus labor won't even come close to costing that much

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
the 2 dura cats only cost 1600 brand new installed from te dealer and thats high. the svt one should be way cheaper, hit up the junkyards..

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
What's up Gunz2. Where in SoCal are you? Yeah that $2000 quote is obviously way over priced unless Ford misinterpreted for a Cadillac Converter? [dunno]

Try checking out the B/S/T forums on this site. Other good sources are Craigslist/eBay/local junkyards.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's up Gunz2. Where in SoCal are you? Yeah that $2000 quote is obviously way over priced unless Ford misinterpreted for a Cadillac Converter? [dunno]

Try checking out the B/S/T forums on this site. Other good sources are Craigslist/eBay/local junkyards.
Whats up man? Im in Seal Beach, thinking about trying to set up a beach cruise around here sometime soon. Ya 2K is definately too much. Im looking around for one on Craigslist and in the BST but im also gonna call magnaflow tomorrow and see if their high flow converter will fit on the SVT, and how it will effect the performance. Where are you located?

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
HaHaHa. I should have kept my car registered in Ohio then.... would be fine until I got caught... Ya I'm in Chino in IE. Check the SoCal section as we got a cayon cruise this Sunday. The HF Cat will be nice and will also free up some ponies too. It will also be a little bit louder. I think the HFC's are legal in Cali tho, it's just the offroad pipes that are illegal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya I think im gonna go with the HFcat. If I gotta replace it I might as well get somethin better. Cant make it to the Canyon run on Sunday, ill be leavingfor work. But hopefully ill get out to the next one.

·
Registered
426 Posts
check with the dealer. emissions components have a 10 year warranty i believe

·
Registered
291 Posts
Anyone know where I can get a new catalytic converter for my 03 SVT? O2 sensors and converter went bad and the mech said that the new cat from ford will be $2000! I dont know why its so expensive but im looking for either a stock SVT converter or info on any performance or aftermarket converters that wont effect the performance at all. Any suggestions? Thanks
If the vehicle has less the 70k miles the cat and O2 sensors should still be under warranty according to the warranty guide.
From page 19:
WHAT IS COVERED?
The parts on the following list are covered by the Defects Warranties
that apply to every California 2003–model vehicle, regardless of the
GVWR* of the vehicle.
* Gross Vehicle Weight Rating
List of Parts Covered by Defects Warranties
• Air Flow Sensor
• Air/Fuel Feedback Control System and Sensors
• Air Induction System
• Altitude Compensation System
• Catalytic Converter
• Cold Start Enrichment System
• Controls for Deceleration
• Electronic Ignition System
• Exhaust Pipe (Manifold to Catalyst)
• Electronic Engine Control Sensors and Switches
• Evaporative Emission Control System
• Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System
• Exhaust Heat Control Valve
• Exhaust Manifold
• Fuel Filler Cap and Neck Restrictor
• Fuel Injection System
• Fuel Injector Supply Manifold
• Fuel Tank
• Idle Air Bypass Valve
• Ignition Coil and/or Control Module
• Intake Manifold
• Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)/On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) System
• PCV System and Oil Filler Cap
• Powertrain Control Module
• Secondary Air Injection System
• Spark Control Components
• Spark Plugs and Ignition Wires
• Synchronizer Assembly
• Throttle Body Assembly (MFI)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Ummm Yeah I would find that tech and slap 'em in the nuts. Go with a HFC man. Less money and runs great...espesially on the SVT

1 - 20 of 66 Posts