Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crazy question. I know the complications of what I'm about to say but my buddy insists that I ask ya all. He has a 2011 focus that he just got into a head on collision. He doesn't have much money and insurance isn't totaling the car so he has to fix it. He found a 2002 zx3 ZETEC sedan se. He likes it cuz it sounds like VTEC. He is a crazy guy and when he sets his mind to something he will do it. So he wants to cut and weld the front end of this ZETEC sedan he found for dirt cheap onto the front of his brand new 2011 focus. He has the skills and ability to do it so don't doubt his vision. It could be a masterpiece or it could be a complete disaster. I know you guys will have a reply for him that will help him decide how to fix his car and have ZETEC at the same time!
[?|] [duh][sadpanda]

·
Registered
739 Posts

That's all I have.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Let the insurance deal w/ it. Whats that guy thinking? The insurance will deal w/ it= Total it or fix it or its a total.

·
Registered
359 Posts
No, on so many levels

·
Registered
739 Posts
Let the insurance deal w/ it. Whats that guy thinking? The insurance will deal w/ it= Total it or fix it or its a total.
If he doesn't have collision coverage insurance won't give him a dime.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If the insurance isn't going to replace or repair then he should get a front clip off of any 2008 to 2011 focus, put it together and darn well make certain its put together correctly!!!, its going to be a lot of work but if hes got to tooling and is up to it more power to him!....
But for gods sake don't attempt putting an MKI front clip on an MKII and create a frankenfocus! [histerical] [ohcrap] [rofl]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Just drive the other car if he wants it & the price is right.

·
Registered
620 Posts
What money does he have to have besides the deductible if the insurance company is going to fix it. Mating these 2 cars together is going to cost a whole lot more than a deductible. [dunno]

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
As long as he stays in Florida he can do what he wants. I want nothing to do with such a terrible idea being on the road.

Hopefully he doesn't kill anyone.

On the off chance he can actually do it right, then he has more money then brains as it's still a stupid idea and will cost a lot more then just using the right parts.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Building this Frankenstein will cost more than fixing the car to its original state. If he doesn't have full coverage (which would be dumb not to have with a 3 year old car) then drive the Vtec-sounding beater until he can manage to source the parts from a junkyard or craigslist.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hahaha lol.... ok so this 'friend' that was mentioned also thinks he's a hacker and likes to go onto my forum accounts and post dumb noob shit. I haven't been on the forum in almost a year!

Sorry for the troll... But thanks for the laugh!

/delete thread

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Hahaha lol.... ok so this 'friend' that was mentioned also thinks he's a hacker and likes to go onto my forum accounts and post dumb noob shit. I haven't been on the forum in almost a year!

Sorry for the troll... But thanks for the laugh!

/delete thread
& you let him do it? Unless you threw all this out here your self.[poke]

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
I say YES! I need a good chuckle and maybe Darwinism will work it's magic.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You can buy car-halves ... I know a few people that have done it, chopped one car in half and welded the back or front of another to it.

Why would anyone want to go from duratec to zetec? Less power, timing belt ...

·
Registered
359 Posts
You can buy car-halves ... I know a few people that have done it, chopped one car in half and welded the back or front of another to it.

Why would anyone want to go from duratec to zetec? Less power, timing belt ...
I think you missed an important part of this thread. Also, don't weld car halves together

·
Registered
359 Posts
Great story, still not a good idea

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Smokey - depending where yours was cut, you could have most or all important alignment pieces as part of the front section.

Just a new trunk & back window?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts