1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
343 Posts
umm those look like the Drop Zone springs, I'd say no. I've heard some bad things bout them, if you are trying to stay under 200 bucks you could go with the SVT setup, well springs atleast.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I know I'll get flamed b/c people like to talk about things they don't have actual personal experience with. I have dropzones on mine, they lowered the car about 1.7 inches and with my 18's the tuck is nice. follow the link in my sig for pics. The springs did take about 6 weeks to settle in completely, but I have no complaints. They're not the most comfortable ride but what lowering spring is. Thumbs up on dropzone here. Just watch the price, if they're 50 or 100 dollar dropzones then those are bogus. They should be around 200 bucks for the good ones, the other ones are ripoffs.

·
Registered
776 Posts
sorry for double post, but after looking at those I say no. they're are two levels of dropzones, cheapies and good ones. The good ones are around 200 bux. I'd stay away from those.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Check out the Progress springs or the Tein S-tech for more drop than the Progress. Also the Vogtland can be had at a very good price right now through Tony at NewEdgePerformance.com There are others but these are definate good choices depending on how much drop you want. The Progress and Vogtland are progressive rate springs which will help with the ride for a daily driver.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The Vogtlands are great. F2 (f2cars.com) actually has the rebadged ones (Evotion) for $115. Exact same spring, Vogtland made them for a company that went belly-up before they took delivery. Don't go cheap on suspension parts, you'll definitely regret it when you have to replace your dampers.

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
i have the dropzone springs on my car, cost over $140 if i remember correctly. not a really harsh ride, but still dropped it almost 2"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts