Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was ****ing gunan change the low beam bulbs to silver stars so i tryed to take out bulb to see what kind they were. Well i could get bulb so i gave up. now my ****ing passenger side bulb latch won't hook on to anythiing. u know the metal latch that kepp the bulb in place well ya it won't latch. so now i have ot take the ****ing head light off in ****ing below ****ing zero ****ing weather to ****ing see what the fick the problem is. I can't ****ing believe this ****ing chepa ass bull shit. My ****ing fingers so ****ing much because of that ****ing shit trying to press it in. I ****ing hate this ****ing bull shit. So now i have ot worry baout my ****ing like ****ing bulb bouncing out of place and shit becuase that cheap aftermarket bullshit broke.

·
Registered
161 Posts
yikes... deep breaths, man.... I think I know how you feel... I've had to help my friend out with his car in cold-ass weather 'cause his intake came loose...
Hope you get it fixed man

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Hey, Solaris, I tried to send a PM but your inbox is full.

Anyway,
The normal bulb latch should of stayed on the headlight and allowed you to remove the bulb. To put the latch back on, you just need to hold the bulb in place as you push the latch in.
I hope the normal bulb latch didn't come off on you. That would suck because if you can't see inside the headlight, you will have to remove the headlight to reinstall the bulb.
What a pain.

If you took the bright bulb out, the latch just comes off and you're gonna have to feel your way around or unmount the headlight. Most like, take the headlight off.
My latch came off my bright bulb and I still haven't put it back on because I gotta remove the headlight so I can see in the hole were the latch is suppose to be.

They didn't think of easy access bulb change outs with these headlights.
They could of at least made the latches secured on the headlights.
I'm getting some new bulbs and am removing the headlights this weekend
to change the bulbs.
For now, I drive without a passenger side bright light.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
You need to take a chill pill.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i can't get the ****ing latch to work and no ****ing way i'm talking that ****ing headlamp off. as soon as it's not ****ing 10 degrees out side i'm going back to stock headlamps and selling these ****ers

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
u know it

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
Solaris said:
... and no ****ing way i'm talking that ****ing headlamp off.
I think you are correct there. No amount of talking to your headlights will get them off. I've never been able to reason with headlamps. Gotta just show them who is boss and remove them. [:D]

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
haha solaris ya dood havin a bad day i see. thats strange the latch wont hook back up. it normally takes a couple tries on the stockers but givin u installed a lot of stuff im sure your capable of it. sounds like some shitty lights, focusjes already had her bulb burn out on one of them

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got it to latch i was trying to hard thats all. i still dont' know how to get the bulbs out of these. i was good a switching in the stockers but this is a whole different beast. So does anyone know if these headlampls use the same bulbs as the stockers cause i'd like to put silverstars in these. I think silverstar + projector = nice

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
If you pull the latch back, the bulb should just come straight out with a wire attached at the bottom which is connected to the headlight.

Well, I took mine out and it was one of those H3 capsule bulbs.
I'm getting my H3 SilverStars this Thursday. Install on Saturday.
If I have to take the headlight out, I'll take pics of the inside of the headlights so we can maybe see were the bulb and latch connect.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so whats the bulb number that the halos use? like what silverstars do i buy?

·
Registered
613 Posts
The halos I believe are LEDs(hence having to hook them up with a resistor inline since most LEDs will glow BRIGHTLY then DIE INSTANTLY if allowed 12v, and should last for many years, I haven't gotten mine in yet but when they get here I'll figure them out....

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Solaris, the Halo's themself are LED's. Dank said there are like silconed in place and maybe hard to get out if they burn out. Dank had one of his burn out but he didn't use the resistor as I suggested. So, if you use the resistor to regulate the current to the halo LED, it should last the lifetime of the car or last for a few years.

For the normal bulb, the Sylvania Silverstar bulb is just the H3 bulb and the bright is an H1.

Like I said before, if you decide to removed the bright bulb, you might as well remove the headlight because the latch falls off and you can't see inside the headlight to put the latch back on.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol guys i'm not that dumb i know the halos are leds i just want to get silverstars for the lowbeams

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I can't get your link to work. It's like the % symbol in the URL is getting interpreted as a brace {

And yes, those are the correct bulbs.

I got mine at Autobarn for $21.95 .
I think the shipping is about $6.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
are they worth it? like is the light alot brighter then the ones the halos come with?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts