Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. out of spontaneity, I picked up a set of eu tails for my 02 hatch. Couldn't pass them up. Each has wires and sockets/bulbs.

I've read over how to's but I'm limited on my phone. What I wanna do, is have both the amber and red lit during normal driving, and when turning have that sides amber bulb go off on off....(or some kind of dual filament for amber too) Is this possible with splicing stock wires? Because as I understand it they're off via the how to's until turning?

I have never seen a set working. Can some one point me the right way here? Thanks ff

And is this the standard way of wiring: "All you need to do is cut the red/green wire at the hazard light switch, that removes the brake lights, but you still have indicators, splice the wires at the back to the old reverse light fit an orange bulb then you have indicators, for brake lights tie into the third brake light (Which still works after you cut the red/green wire at the switch) there you go job done" ?

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Double check local laws or inspections for the amber lit up all the time in the rear and lighting up when the brakes come on too. I tried that with my first hatch got pulled over but im in cali. The ones i have now are wired 100% to uk spec which is worth the effort really stands out by stock hatches get complements all the time

·
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
7,806 Posts
Double check local laws or inspections for the amber lit up all the time in the rear and lighting up when the brakes come on too. I tried that with my first hatch got pulled over but im in cali. The ones i have now are wired 100% to uk spec which is worth the effort really stands out by stock hatches get complements all the time
This

Also bluebullet's refrences will get your euro's working correctly[thumb]

Why would you want the amber bulbs on unless you are turning[scratch]

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Set aside a couple of hours so u dont eff up lol. Did mine under 3hrs. I didnt want to brake anything especially plastic pieces

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all if I can get to this today ill update. I wanted them amber just turning not as brakes too. I guess I wanted to flaunt the euro tails.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One more thing, This allows you to use the reverse bulb and socket and leaving it dangle inside as turn signal, and the other socket has to be shaved and dangles there right? Or I could splice in my euro sockets? but I have no bulbs I check them they're blown just wanna be sure.

·
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
7,806 Posts
You're going to have to splice in, take the revers sockets out and splice in your euro turns to the old reverse wires. You won't have reverse anymore until you splice back in to the green/black wire on the plugs by the drivers side rear-quarter

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well it was drizzling all day but got em done, bout 2 hours. I didn't use the euro sockets tho, no time or bulbs for them. Guess ill save them for later or i have (3) 2 socket sets for sale. Man those wires up front were a pita work wit.

·
VEKTOR PLATE
5,657 Posts
how much do you want for the euro sockets? i have a set of euro tails that need them(im not good at trimming plastic like at all) and ive been sitting on the tails for a couple of years now waiting for sockets.

·
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
7,806 Posts
how much do you want for the euro sockets? i have a set of euro tails that need them(im not good at trimming plastic like at all) and ive been sitting on the tails for a couple of years now waiting for sockets.
Have you tried the universals at autozone? They fit just fine, and are easier to find replacement lights for.

·
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
7,806 Posts

·
VEKTOR PLATE
5,657 Posts
Sorry, I don't have universals. What you could do is go to the junkyard and cut off the sockets and glue them to the back of the euros so the U.S. lights fit. Very similar to this writeup:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183391
totally forgot about that idea. i ma yahve to make a junkyard run for some turn signal housings. makes me wonder though if there are plugs off another car that will fit.......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts