Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to hot on the cooling system. I changed the water pump and thermostat during my timing belt swap. After flushing the system, I filled it back up. I ran the car for a few with the engine at a somewhat higher RPM then checked and refilled. I was watching my temp gage and would see it jump as if it were sticking. I have never paid any attention to the gage in the past so I dont know if this is normal. Also the heat didnt seem to reach what it had been in the past, straight up dead center. After driving it around the block and letting it sit a bit in the drive it didnt reach the 1/2 way mark. Could the engine be hotter than what the heat gage is telling me? I dont want to drive it to work in the morning and have something go wrong on me.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
The new thermostat is slightly different than the old one (along with a flush) so you're probably running a little cooler.

As for the gauge, it's controlled by the ECU, so it does move in steps.............

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I have an aftermarket temp gauge in my piller and its way different than the factory temp gauge. That thing is useless unless the car is already in the danger area. Has long has it does'nt go over to the red your fine. But if you really want to know how hot your car is just hole the trip button down till the gauges do there sweep and go through the options till you get to temp I forget how many button presses it is you'll have to look in the how too section

1 - 3 of 3 Posts