Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Still a novice at all of this forum stuff but I'm doing my best! Recently I've been having issues with my 2007 Ford Focus SE 2.0L vehicle.

On the freeway my temperature gauge will slowly go up to the red line, I turn on the heater (full) and it returns to the middle. At times during city driving the temperature gauge will go up and down as well. I narrowed the problem to my thermostat. I've gotten a couple of estimates/quotes and I'm looking at spending around $360 to repair the vehicle.

The thermostat is available for sale at Autozone, however it does not contain the necessary sensor (heat sensor). Is this sensor re-usable (can it be transferred from one unit to the next)? Also, is this price reasonable, I've shopped around 4 different places and Pep-boys was able to match the price of a lower shop (they originally wanted $518). They informed me that the labor cost was high due to the fact that the thermostat is located behind the air conditioning unit. I'm a 26 yr old college student and I work in social services with developmentally disabled adults, I don't have the money to be ripped off nor do I want to be, any information that anyone could provide would be awesome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts