21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
What do i put here?
8,343 Posts
does he have an svt engine in it? cause i dont see anything svt about it lol

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
There are car snobs just like there are snobs of any other hobby. Some folks just take it way too seriously. But perhaps there is a reason why the "sport compact" or "econocar" segment gets so much crap from everyone else.

If I spent 10K on a mustang to make all this "unusable torque" and in return get awful fuel economy - I set out to do what I was looking for. Being able to burn tires more than a foot wide at 80mph in top gear is pretty impressive (and something you certainly arent going to do in a Focus/Golf/Civic, etc for any less $). Someone willing to spend 10K on go-fast parts that is also concerned with fuel economy shouldn't be spending money on a toy. You are either willing to pay big $ to enjoy something or you aren't. I wouldn't go to Ches Paris and order wings with a water. If I did that would make me a turd.

What people like me don't understand is why someone would take something completely benign as an econobox wagon and try to make it a sports car. Or spend the same 10K and end up with a 13 second car with FWD that averages 15mpg. It's not original, it's not interesting, it's just foolish. It's like the guy making double decker houses by stacking trailer homes. You didn't make a luxury home from a tin can, you made a bigger worthless shitbox tin can home!

The only argument is that "taste" is subjective. Well, okay I suppose it is. Practicality isn't, however. Although I'll admit a car that can't stick 1 foot tires at 80mph isn't very practical.... neither is a super turbo wagon focus sitting .5cm off the ground with $5000 worth of body plastic and spoilers. But when it comes to looks, sounds, smells and people having elevated heart rates after a ride - the bagillion horsepower mustang has the focus beat any day of the week.
I like your counter argument because I think you understand what I'm trying to say and I actually agree with most of your statement to an extent. There are things that will never make sense to me no matter how expensive or how well done.

Also I only used the Mustang as an example. Many times there are some really amazing Mustangs I would love to own and drive and most of them probably have 50-60k in mods[giddy]

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I need to transform my car into a 2 door hatch to get complements lol. People like my mods, but they say its on the wrong car

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
I like his wagon but my personal fav is the svt wagon :)

Ive been trying to get my wagon to look like his lol
The lip looks abit much and im not a fan of the hood. haha there was a sick "SVT wagon" at ff11 I believe. Pretty sure it was orange. It was sick.

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
The lip looks abit much and im not a fan of the hood. haha there was a sick "SVT wagon" at ff11 I believe. Pretty sure it was orange. It was sick.
You mean Arty in the 2.3 cosworth wagon! That car is cool!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
im uploading that to my facebook!! And is the owner of the orange wagon an old mad?

I swear I must be the only teenager driving a focus wagon lol

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
Yep Arty is pretty old and he loves that car. He takes really amazing care of that car.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Every time I put money into my car and ask my girlfriend how it looks or what she thinks....
I get "just wake up every morning and tell yourself, it's a focus".....
Well honestly there's no other modded or nice looking foci in my town. No way am I blending in with the rest of the bone stock. It's all civics and suv's with rims too damn big for the thing. No thanks!!

·
Not so green zx3
7,199 Posts
I need to transform my car into a 2 door hatch to get complements lol. People like my mods, but they say its on the wrong car
trust me, that won't be much better. i still get a lot of hate in my car, but i just ignore it because i know most people can beat me in a straight line, but i know my car can beat most of those straight line cars in the corners, and to me that's a lot more impressive. [headbang]

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
Why do you even care what people say?

Are you building this vehicle merely to get compliments from them? Lol. Pretty silly reason to build a vehicle if you ask me...

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I get compliments on my Fusion all the time, it's leather, heated seats, sony sound system, tinted windows all around and its fun to drive. And it didn't break the bank.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Why do you even care what people say?

Are you building this vehicle merely to get compliments from them? Lol. Pretty silly reason to build a vehicle if you ask me...
Im just trying to make it look like a VW so It can cruise with my friends during the summer time and not stick out lol

21 - 40 of 41 Posts