Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
than when people tell me why would I put work, and lower a ford focus wagon[?|][bigcry]

Im tired of [:)][:)][:)]in hearing it all the time and when someone tells me that, I wanna break their face.

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
I get the same dude about my Fusion. all.the.time.

as for "nothing makes me more mad" I'd have to go with when people are going around a roundabout and freakin' STOP to let someone else in! That's not how a roundabout works people!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get the same dude about my Fusion. all.the.time.

as for "nothing makes me more mad" I'd have to go with when people are going around a roundabout and freakin' STOP to let someone else in! That's not how a roundabout works people!!!
I know I just dont understand it. The only modded cars here are your typical GTIs and civics.

My friend gets more crap about why would you mod a car not worth modding. He drives a 92 slammed cavalier, and we love to be original.

I guess the main thing is we have a car to drive, and we dont have to walk to where we need to go :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know right I dont even give low golfs or hondas a second look anymore. They all look the same!

My wagon turns a lot of heads when it looks like this for some reason:

And fusions are soo sick. i want a fusion or another focus for my next car in 3 yrs lol

this is from focaljet

·
What do i put here?
8,343 Posts
i've seen some SICK wagons here.. not so long ago some one had dropped a v8 in one.. soo jelly

·
Not so green zx3
7,199 Posts

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
Here's my thought, screw them. A better response for them would be to ask your buddies "why would you spend all that money on a civic?" or whatever they drive. Anyone who spends money in a car is doing something that won't make sense to someone else.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's my thought, screw them. A better response for them would be to ask your buddies "why would you spend all that money on a civic?" or whatever they drive. Anyone who spends money in a car is doing something that won't make sense to someone else.
I know right. I dont understand the logic that its ok to spend money on one econobox, but everyone makes a big deal if you spend money on a different econobox lol

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
I know right. I dont understand the logic that its ok to spend money on one econobox, but everyone makes a big deal if you spend money on a different econobox lol
Because fanboys and their I'm better because my xyz has part abc and its from efg and so on and so forth. It is unfortunately the mind set many people have. We actually talked about this at Spring into Focus today. How many Mustang owners(not all) make fun of guys because they spent 10-20k on their 4 banger and how it is stupid. When half of them turn around and drop nearly that for just a Kenne Belle supercharger to make 8gagilion horsepower and whatever unusable torque then in return get damn near negative mpg and all kinds of other crap. These guys aren't true car guys if they can't see past different makes and models IMHO. Its about the car's owner and what they are like to me.

There are several guys on the forum whose mods I don't care for but I'm good friends with them and I don't care what they do to their car, because its their car.

Sorry for the rant. I just get tired of bashing from douche canoes who think they are cool because they have yet another dime a dozen car.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i hear you bro I'm working on making my focus sedan look like a rally car and everyone asks "why waste the cash bro its just a focus". they talk trash and thats all anyone mods anymore. all them f[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]ing hondas, the focus was built to dethrone the civic, and thats what i plan to do. I've already beat three of the guys at school who meet up at this place call the compound and race. It's all crappily paved / dirt roads. and they dont have the torque needed to do that. that's why the focus is in the wrc and honda sticks to track. I'm not bragging it's just I see that there is more unknown potential in the focus.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Because fanboys and their I'm better because my xyz has part abc and its from efg and so on and so forth. It is unfortunately the mind set many people have. We actually talked about this at Spring into Focus today. How many Mustang owners(not all) make fun of guys because they spent 10-20k on their 4 banger and how it is stupid. When half of them turn around and drop nearly that for just a Kenne Belle supercharger to make 8gagilion horsepower and whatever unusable torque then in return get damn near negative mpg and all kinds of other crap. These guys aren't true car guys if they can't see past different makes and models IMHO. Its about the car's owner and what they are like to me.

There are several guys on the forum whose mods I don't care for but I'm good friends with them and I don't care what they do to their car, because its their car.

Sorry for the rant. I just get tired of bashing from douche canoes who think they are cool because they have yet another dime a dozen car.
There are car snobs just like there are snobs of any other hobby. Some folks just take it way too seriously. But perhaps there is a reason why the "sport compact" or "econocar" segment gets so much crap from everyone else.

If I spent 10K on a mustang to make all this "unusable torque" and in return get awful fuel economy - I set out to do what I was looking for. Being able to burn tires more than a foot wide at 80mph in top gear is pretty impressive (and something you certainly arent going to do in a Focus/Golf/Civic, etc for any less $). Someone willing to spend 10K on go-fast parts that is also concerned with fuel economy shouldn't be spending money on a toy. You are either willing to pay big $ to enjoy something or you aren't. I wouldn't go to Ches Paris and order wings with a water. If I did that would make me a turd.

What people like me don't understand is why someone would take something completely benign as an econobox wagon and try to make it a sports car. Or spend the same 10K and end up with a 13 second car with FWD that averages 15mpg. It's not original, it's not interesting, it's just foolish. It's like the guy making double decker houses by stacking trailer homes. You didn't make a luxury home from a tin can, you made a bigger worthless shitbox tin can home!

The only argument is that "taste" is subjective. Well, okay I suppose it is. Practicality isn't, however. Although I'll admit a car that can't stick 1 foot tires at 80mph isn't very practical.... neither is a super turbo wagon focus sitting .5cm off the ground with $5000 worth of body plastic and spoilers. But when it comes to looks, sounds, smells and people having elevated heart rates after a ride - the bagillion horsepower mustang has the focus beat any day of the week.

·
King of all blacks!!
2,676 Posts
Like I said before,I bought my vehicle to suit MY NEEDS. If anyone has a problem with it,I ain't even worried about it.[thumb]

1 - 20 of 41 Posts