Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I haven't left autox, just got a new car.

I've had this focus for almost 12 years. you start to get bored after a while.

the new ride.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
737 Posts

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yeah, not a huge fan if I'm honest. It looked good, and the work done was very nice, so props for that I can respect it. Just not my thing!
fair enough. I can respect a polite difference of opinion.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
cut my rear wagon springs.
took out 1 coil to start from the stiff end. it was mostly dead coil anyways.

drop the rear by 1/2". I've got a rallyx this weekend, so I'll try it before i cut any more.
initial feel it is not as harsh as it was before. I still have a bit of rake to the car, so I might take more out, just based on that.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'll run my camera and auto-x data logger.

at the last event (that i didnt attend) there were photographers.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
well crap,

event was cancelled due to low registration. next one is not for 3 weeks.

so, I'll cut the spring another coil.

Also added a dash cam.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
have an event coming up this weekend.

I did cut another half coil out of the spring. on the road it feels normal. Also i don't have any crazy rake to the car. the rear still looks like huge wheel gap.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
had an excellent weekend with the Oregon Rally Group.
drove down from BC to Chehalis WA for a SCCA rallyx.

car performed great, although there are all sorts of rattles and stuff when it drives hard.
I won my class (Prepared FWD) both days. On day two I even beat the Mod FWD cars, and the Prepared AWD cars.

anyways, the car held together well. spring rates seemed fine. could probably use more damping. I need to figure out where im clunking from. I definately was getting air on one of the bumps. I had corner workers approach me after saying that no one else was hitting that bump that hard, so i was the only one flying.

here is saturdays best lap. I wasn't driving nearly hard enough. I was driving like an autocross where trying to maximize grip, whereas i needed much more flooring it and holding on and trust that the grip is there. And also needed to be way earlier on my turns in the slalom

on Saturday I spend most the lap at WOT, with quick lifts to get it to turn. I was only about 5 seconds off the fastest MOD AWD car.

and from outside the car.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hey there, we decided to turn our zx3 2.3 into a stage rally car. My wife and friend just did the rally x at Dirt Fish last weekend. I was autox in Packwood. I have a few questions if you could answer that would be so helpful
Where did you get the Team dynamics, I have done a bit of searching but zero luck

Also we bought a complete set of KYB agx to get started, because the stockers had 144k on them. For the money the shocks are suprisingly good, what did you source the plastic spacers?

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Hey there, we decided to turn our zx3 2.3 into a stage rally car. My wife and friend just did the rally x at Dirt Fish last weekend. I was autox in Packwood. I have a few questions if you could answer that would be so helpful
Where did you get the Team dynamics, I have done a bit of searching but zero luck

Also we bought a complete set of KYB agx to get started, because the stockers had 144k on them. For the money the shocks are suprisingly good, what did you source the plastic spacers?
I was there at Dirtfish, talked a bunch with Michelle. I obviously wasnt at the packwood PRO, but i was there for the Packwood Champ Tour in my Mustang.

for team dynamics, there is a vendor on this site and on Focaljet.
Team Dynamics Wheel Availability!!

looks like they're on sale until july 31. $560 + shipping for a set.

ooh, theres a rally version in stock for 720+ ship

the plastic spacers i made myself with stacks of polypropylene sheet and some hole saws. I later remade them out of aluminum to be stronger.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
So, as I said above i was at the Northwest Rally Association RallyCross Fest held at the Dirtfish rally school. Upcoming Events ? Summer RallyCross Fest ? Northwest Rally Association

The car performed excellently. There was no other cars in my class, so I bumped up to Mod FWD.

And I absolutely slayed. I had the fastest laps for the short course and the long course of any vehicle there (including all the AWD cars.) They were tight courses, and being an autocrosser, I have excellent car control in tight stuff, and picking the best line.

Unfortunately, i got stuck with a 30second penalty for failing to full stop after on lap, and I ended up 2nd place :(
If not for that tiny mistake, my cumulative time would have been 26 seconds faster than the next 2WD car, and 19 seconds faster than the best AWD.

http://nwrallyassociation.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/RallyCross-Fest-Results-Full.pdf

this is the long course
this is the short course (camera mounts were a bit shaky)

its funny, the photographers didn't post many pictures of my car. smooth driving is boring. the most exciting pictures of flying gravel are when people screw up. And i suppose I need more flashy stickers.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
and a few more from weekends past.

21 - 40 of 111 Posts