Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I finished the trunk portion of the new stereo install. [cool] Tomorrow I start buttoning up the interior which will involve installing sound deadener in the doors and floors. Here are a few photos of the completed trunk area and the new custom built bezel in the dash which contains a Pioneer DEX-99RS along with 4 functional gauges and a clock. No more big shiny screen in the dash. [grinking]

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Dale, I am in absolute awe of your talent. The entire installation is a major achievement, but that custom made bezel blows me away.

When looking at DIY mods, my eye inevitably picks out the imperfections, because I'm a tad OCD and my own biggest critic. And certainly taking on that center stack is about as risky as one can get---by definition its in the CENTER, it's in the spotlight.

And looking at the picture, it's perfect---the edges, the finish, the color match.

Thanks for sharing your work.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dale, I am in absolute awe of your talent. The entire installation is a major achievement, but that custom made bezel blows me away.

And looking at the picture, it's perfect---the edges, the finish, the color match.

Thanks for sharing your work.
I can only take credit for the idea. That level of work is way beyond my skill level. Credit goes to Eric at Premium Sound in Antioch, IL. He did a masterful job considering what I gave him to start with.

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
I bet it sounds pretty nice. [headbang] I love the center gages above the head unit. [thumb]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts