Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright for all you who havent seen Blackhawk Down, or know nothing of the NOD's that the U.S. Military uses, here is an idea Im been thinking about since my tour in Afghanistan, when I saw a IR searchlight on a Blackhawk light up about a square click like it wa daytime.

NOD - Night Optical Device, Hense Night Vision

IR - Infared - low level light

Anyway so your crusing down the road at intense speeds, but you know smokey is out and about, so whats your first good defense? A good Radar Detector? but can you really do after that, yeah you could use a jammer, but they cost alot more then your average radar detector. Why not use Stealth? Wire up a Kill switch for all Light in your car. Remember NOD's Amplify low level light, you average light will be SUPER Bright and will blind out the NOD. So my Stealth Idea uses a Black hawk IR searchlight, mounted behind the lower grill, and the kill switch to kill all light inside the car, you should probably black out all your back windows, and your ready to speed all night long, without being seen!!! Just look for some PVS-7D and your set, I think I saw a couple pair on e-bay. And if you do get a jammer your really set, because all smokey will hear is you wizzing by over his AM Talk radio.

If you want to try this, let me first recomend that you need months of practice just driving at normal speeds through rual areas before you are ready to kick it at high speeds.

Sincerely DJ Nevoc - U.S. Army Vet!

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
problem is there is external light you will encounter while driving, and yeh as m sure you know somthing like a street light magnified that much and all you see are spots, that and noone else seeing you can be a problem, say you come up next to a semi and hes making one of their notorious WIDE turns, and squish goes that focus.......

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
those arnt the kind of NODs I was talking about Infra3sv, the PVS-7D is about $1500 I think the PVS-14 system is like $2-2500, but its also 4th gen Night vision. Good luck with this project, its not all that hard to pull off, and YES the idea is for no one to see you.... thats why its stealth!!!

[drinking]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts