Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started it up for the first time in 3 days....started it and it was running fine at idle a litle smoke coming out the exhaust.....when i revved it it got really bad....anybody have a reason for this?....i am still trying to find out what this one wire for the oil pump timer connects to. maybe thats it????...any info plz

·
Registered
321 Posts
white, blue or black smoke?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
either white or blue.....cant really tell....didnt get into the color so much.....im thinking that since that orange wire for the oil pump timer isnt connected that it is not working.....hopefully

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
blue is oil burning......black is fuel not burned.....

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Why isn't your oil pump running, that's just plain dangerous in all aspects. That would be number one fix, but you're not going to be smoking because of it, it definatly has to do with something in the turbo, like focusedintentions said, bad seals.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the thing is i had a problem with it b4 when it was on...i went to get tires and the tire ppl hit the pump and it stopped working...and i had smoke up the ass when i drove it.....the smoke wouldnt go away 4 a week....thats y i thin it is it.....i dont kno.....my question is how the turbo seals would just go bad when they were working fine b4 and now they just go bad all of a sudden?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Are you talking about an oil salvage pump after the turbo or the engines oil pump? if it is a salvage pump like on a precision kit, if it's not pumping no oil will flow and it will back up into your turbo.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it is external........that is what i thought it was doing...so i can connect it and run it correct?burn out all the smoke right....hopefully????

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
..."orange wire" ??.. Extra parts are Never a good omen...better find out it's intended location and verify return pump operation...
With all due respect, sounds like you're unsure of the operation and your BEST course of action is find a knowledgeable mechanic to diagnose the problem before you Really screw something up... If it was something the "tire guy " did, then you can bill him...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the operation is done...and i kno where the wire hooks into...i kno how to do all of this ...it is the fact i just didnt get any prep time for this.....and no instructions...so it is kinda like winging it...i ahve 3 guys helping me and i have a mechanic on the side.....i have the resurces....and i didnt take offense.....i understand...thanx thiugh

·
Registered
177 Posts
Once you get that pump running, i wouldn't just try to burn off all that oil in the system. make sure you clean out the charge pipes, intercooler and intake manifold if there is oil in those places. if you are running a blowthrough maf, clean the wires on the sensor.

How much oil leaked out of the turbo?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts