Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ok guys, whats the real deal on the 2003 se focus/Auto trany. 16vZetec.
for $7,000 or less what can I realy gain out of this Engine? I have well over 1000,000 miles on her and she runs GREAT!!
These are the Mods I am looking at:
65mm Thort.bod Race fuel pump, bigger injecters, race headers, 2.5'' borla exh. under drive pulleys( but want to run a Super charger, do not yet know what one is the best yet and or if under drives will work) Whatever kinda New Head will give me the best performance. Chip to the Max!! high flow oil pump and fillter, baffel the sump, shit kit if one is made for this car, better pistons( but what kind??) crank and conct. Rods,

Thats for starters. Total Bodie Kit for looks and over course vamp up the suspen. .
Now you guys know how to do this stuff I am still trying to learn. I am going to my first race today(I am not raceing just want to get a Base line to compare the Mods. as I go. My target H. power is 350 or more . Can it be done? Please help!!! I do not want to blow this Car sky High! So how about it Guys, The Truth,, How much POWER????

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
since you are in an auto, not much, ur weak pt. wont be the engine, but the tranny!!! you will need to beef up the tranny in order to put any power down. the only tlhing you can run is a JRSC on low boost or your tranny will be fried!!!

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
[welcome] to FF!

You wont be able to reach those numbers with out 10,000 or so. If you had a manual if would be reachable with 7,000 I would think.

My advice would be swap the trans, then go turbo. You should be able to get right around 250whp with 7 grand with the above said.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Ok guys, whats the real deal on the 2003 se focus/Auto trany. 16vZetec.
for $7,000 or less what can I realy gain out of this Engine? I have well over 1000,000 miles on her and she runs GREAT!!
These are the Mods I am looking at:
65mm Thort.bod Race fuel pump, bigger injecters, race headers, 2.5'' borla exh. under drive pulleys( but want to run a Super charger, do not yet know what one is the best yet and or if under drives will work) Whatever kinda New Head will give me the best performance. Chip to the Max!! high flow oil pump and fillter, baffel the sump, shit kit if one is made for this car, better pistons( but what kind??) crank and conct. Rods,

Thats for starters. Total Bodie Kit for looks and over course vamp up the suspen. .
Now you guys know how to do this stuff I am still trying to learn. I am going to my first race today(I am not raceing just want to get a Base line to compare the Mods. as I go. My target H. power is 350 or more . Can it be done? Please help!!! I do not want to blow this Car sky High! So how about it Guys, The Truth,, How much POWER????
lol "shit kit"
you are looking at turbo to produce a 350 hp foci not a S/C
Lentech seems the way to go for a ATX tranny
talk To TOM (1TurboFocus)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Your post was a nightmare to read..

.. but welcome to FF.

Let me ask you a question.. do you really want to drop $7k on a car that's six years old with 100k on it? That's more than the car is worth. But anyways.. 350hp isn't realistic with a supercharger and your atx transmission. For that, you'll need a decent sized custom turbo kit, lentech built tranny or mtx swap, and good tuning.

Search around.. you'll find answers to most of questions.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
as ^^^ said about the auto, i'd look into a lentech auto...a S/C you'll get around 220-250whp depending on the kit...so if you want around 350 then a turbo is the way to go...for starters i'd get a cat-back exhaust, 2.5" diameter would be better..then you'll have to decide on the s/c or turbo..if turbo then i'd get a shorty header, if s/c then the SVT header kit with an ORP....dont get the UDP if you are goin F/I....your pistons and all that you can get from some of the dealors that are listed on this site....also you'll need to look into a decent set of cams/camgears....i'd give tom (1turbofocus) a pm..he is a guru with F/I foci's

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
For 7 grand and over 100k miles on the engine, I know I'd be putting a brand new engine in it with some of the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts