Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So back in May I took my car in to get the stuttering looked and yes, the clutch packs had to be replaced. The dealership told me 8 weeks for the parts to come in. So I waited, and waited. Called about mid July and wow, sure enough they came in. I asked when and they said about a week ago. They mentioned they were too busy to call me.

So I turned in the car for the day. I had about 46k on the mileage and was told that my preferred coverage was up at 48k. So I got my rental car for $50 and returned later that day for my finished vehicle.

I had the car now just over a month. I was on my way to the airport to pickup my wife when I was stuck behind a slow moving semi. Not even a quarter of a mile later, I get error codes on the screen, the car is shifting like it was just looking for random gears, not happy at all. The next day, no error codes and the car was driving fine. I got into the software on the car and the DTC codes popped up.

So the next day I called, it was a Wednesday, and told them what happened. They told me to bring it in on Monday so they could look at it. So now nervously driving around till Monday. I show up Monday morning at my appointment time and they now said that I would have to pay for my rental till they can figure out what's going on. I said no way with 48054. So I called a friend to pick me up. They said they'll call me later and let me know what's going on. I called at 4:30 wondering what's going on. They said the the TCM is shot and now unsafe to drive. It could shut off randomly and could cause an accident or hurt myself. They also told me that the part is now on back order till about mid October! So now I had to pay the $50 to get a rental until my part comes in for my car. I'm thankful they're paying for the rental, but pissed about the back order on parts every time.

OK, sorry for the rant...thanks for listening.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
There have been clutch waits for many, yet some got them quick. TCM "backorders" haven't been reported of any long duration yet.

"Too busy to call" seems pretty common, put off the warranty jobs as long as possible at many shops.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
"...They mentioned they were too busy to call me..."

At my dealership, the person who is supposed to call ALSO works for the parts dept., which is a higher priority on her list of job duties.

Good idea for YOU to follow up with your dealership with some regular frequency. You will get taken care of sooner.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
So back in May I took my car in to get the stuttering looked and yes, the clutch packs had to be replaced. The dealership told me 8 weeks for the parts to come in. So I waited, and waited. Called about mid July and wow, sure enough they came in. I asked when and they said about a week ago. They mentioned they were too busy to call me.

So I turned in the car for the day. I had about 46k on the mileage and was told that my preferred coverage was up at 48k. So I got my rental car for $50 and returned later that day for my finished vehicle.

I had the car now just over a month. I was on my way to the airport to pickup my wife when I was stuck behind a slow moving semi. Not even a quarter of a mile later, I get error codes on the screen, the car is shifting like it was just looking for random gears, not happy at all. The next day, no error codes and the car was driving fine. I got into the software on the car and the DTC codes popped up.

So the next day I called, it was a Wednesday, and told them what happened. They told me to bring it in on Monday so they could look at it. So now nervously driving around till Monday. I show up Monday morning at my appointment time and they now said that I would have to pay for my rental till they can figure out what's going on. I said no way with 48054. So I called a friend to pick me up. They said they'll call me later and let me know what's going on. I called at 4:30 wondering what's going on. They said the the TCM is shot and now unsafe to drive. It could shut off randomly and could cause an accident or hurt myself. They also told me that the part is now on back order till about mid October! So now I had to pay the $50 to get a rental until my part comes in for my car. I'm thankful they're paying for the rental, but pissed about the back order on parts every time.

OK, sorry for the rant...thanks for listening.
Glad to see you're safe, dego23; let's see how I can help! Please send me a private message with your name, phone number, VIN, and servicing dealer; I'll check out available options.

Rachel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts