Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I make it go away? Tell me it's minimal tools and electrical cleaner spray. It bugs me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried that. The sensor is either shot or that's what that disconnected wire under my passenger seat goes to =o

·
Registered
16,195 Posts
Any wire under the pass seat likely has nothing to do with tire sensors.

4 sensors, one in each tire, could be any one of them. AND, until you have rock solid pressure values on each you just might not have aired the tires up enough. The cheap crap compressors nowadays can be off 10 psi easy.

And, if car is sitting it may have to move to activate the sensors to off after airing them up. Some have rotational switches in them.

Fun, huh?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeeeeeee thanks. Ima try that tomorrow. Sorry for the late reply. I have been extremely busy

If the Tire pressure light is flashing, you most likely have a faulty TPMS sensor.

Get one of these.... https://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-TPMS19-Transmitter/dp/B001FKSNUI

Put the vehicle into training mode. (directions here: Ford TPMS Relearn And Training Procedures )

Attempt to train the sensors. Any sensor that won't train, is faulty.

If the light is on solid (meaning that it NEVER flashes), fix your tire pressures.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Have a 2012 SE. My TPMS light goes off exactly once a year. Usually in late October or early November after we've have a sudden cold snap overnight (below 40 degrees), and always when I'm driving at higher speed on the highway. Head over to the gas station, fill up all the tires to 35 PSI. Drive away and light goes out in about a minute. Don't have the light appear again until about a year later.

Of course, it's always good practice to check your tire pressures about once a month with a decent quality tire gauge (dial type).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had intermittent (once every few weeks the reading would fail) TPM readings from the front wheel during the first year but regular readings since. I suppose the monitors could failure but I don't recall anyone reporting any problems with complete failure.

·
Registered
80 Posts
After a while you'll barely notice it.

Ruined a tire a while back. I was thinking maybe low air but the sensor didn't alert. I finally pulled over to look, the tire was toast.

Thirteen miles later, the spare is on the axle, the TPMS finally alerted. Useless as tits on a boar hog.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have never had it on a car. I think I'll snip the wire to the bulb. I can tell by sense when a tire is low.

After a while you'll barely notice it.

Ruined a tire a while back. I was thinking maybe low air but the sensor didn't alert. I finally pulled over to look, the tire was toast.

Thirteen miles later, the spare is on the axle, the TPMS finally alerted. Useless as tits on a boar hog.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts