Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 252 Posts

·
Thats What She Said
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Thanks.

Update:
Got the head back from Hunter Machine Shop.

So now oi just need to install the head. Do I need to clean around the valves where it shows the die? Use brake cleaner?

I have the ARP studs in the block. Both surfaces need to be completely clean also. Wipe down of the two surfaces with brake cleaner and both sides of the gasket.

Any tips on the install?

·
Thats What She Said
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Got some good work on it last night.

After turning the crank a few times to make sure the timing belt was set and all I saw that the timing belt walked right to the edge of the tensioner. Does the below picture look normal?

·
Thats What She Said
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Got the transmission all cleaned up:

its ready to be installed.

About to purchase the fluids

·
Thats What She Said
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #85

Got the fly wheel and clutch all together. Got the transmission mounted to the motor. All ready to get it installed.

Hope to install the motor tomorrow.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
I only thing I see I don't like is you should have painted the transmission case black. Excellent build so far!

·
Thats What She Said
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Transmission will be out in less than a year for a LSD install. So perhaps I will paint it black then. Still have some POR-15 but likely won't be good still when I get to paint it.

·
Thats What She Said
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
It's IN!!!!

Got most the wires attached there is 1-2 I need to figure out where they go. Going to pick up the motor oil this afternoon. put the drive shafts in this evening and bleed the clutch line. Hook up the alt, starter, battery, and air intake. Crank her over a bit to build oil pressure. bleed/prime the fuel system and perhaps get it started.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow this build is really coming along. I cant believe that you put the engine and transmission in from above WITH the rad support bolted in! How hard was that to do?

·
Thats What She Said
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Was not to hard. Just took me man handling the motor while another person (my wife) to lower the cherry picker. It must have been the way I had attached the lift points to have it at the level and angle it was. Took about 30 min to drop it in.

Edit: And looking back on it, I should have connected up the wiring for the alt and the starter and had that wire routed the way it should be before dropping in also. Now I have to work by feel to hook up the starter wires and also figure the best way to route the Alt.

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
WOW!!! Nice read sir. You are making me feel sad for not doing all my own work.......

Now I totally understand your billet gear frustration!! Don't worry, it to shall come.

Im subbing now so I can see what happens next! :cool:

·
Thats What She Said
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Thanks,

I really need to update this thread. its been 6 months since I got it running. attended 3 WinterX events and another AutoX event just last weekend.

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
WELLLLL!!!!!!! tap tap tap tap tap tap!!!! :cool:

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
oh myyyyyy!

d0 tell!

I've think we should call l0cal y0kalz f0r a wellness check!

·
Thats What She Said
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Chris, how do you like the CFM control arms? I know you have the camber plates, but how much camber do the LCA's provide alone?
I'm in need of camber and I cannot find the LCR plates.
I like them a lot. I have not had time to play with the camber much at all. I have them only out a few threads so the camber plates are doing most the work. 2.2 deg on one side and 2.4 deg on the other. using the camber plates at full neg camber. this is about the same as they gave me when I was on stock arms.

I want to add in more camber from the arms and then zero out the plates a bit more. Its easier to make camber adjustments from the plates then it is with the arms. but once again I have not had the time. Last semester of my masters program, Sold house, building new one and current living situation is a bit difficult to work on the car. Come August though when I am not working on trying to put in sod before winter I will have the camber worked out.

To be honest I am not sure if I feel much of a difference. but I also was coming from having my car on blocks for 2.5 years and then had all sorts of things done to it when I started driving it again. I really like the arms and like knowing that they will be easier to service then the old arms.

The arms are good quality, the price is a bit steep. If C-F-M had the oil pump gear I would have likely gotten that over the arms and worked on drilling out my old arms a bit harder. but I had the budget for something in that range and wanted to keep it towards the car.

I really need to update this build thread... but see the don't have much time bit...

oh myyyyyy!

d0 tell!

I've think we should call l0cal y0kalz f0r a wellness check!
Sometimes I have the hardest time understanding what your talking about.

·
ninja lurker status
23,126 Posts
hahaha.. yeah, the Spazz will do that to ya...

i really want to get camber arms and plates like you have..
then camber arms/toe arms for the rear...
but money doesnt allow it for me just yet..

·
Thats What She Said
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I really need to get some camber in the rear. after a track day my tires show that I need a bit more camber. But I also am reminded that I need to get something better than All Season performance tires. As great at the Potenza RE960AS Pole Position's are I need some sticky tires ( Toyo R1R or R888). but that's money also.

I was looking at least getting camber bolts to dial in a bit but still even though the $ is not there the time is.

81 - 100 of 252 Posts