Focus Fanatics Forum banner

241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Thats What She Said
10,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Battery came in:

and spent the time in drafting software to draw up my proposed new wheel combo...

Hope to make sure this is with in NASA ST6 spec once I get confirmation that its good going to likely be getting the 9" wide wheel.

·
Thats What She Said
10,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Battery is in.

Got a rivet nut gun in yesterday and waiting on the Aluminum Rivet Nuts to change out my ground since I got roasted on that on Facebook.

Did some new learning on the focus that there is a 30 min awake time on some electronics in the Focus that it pulls about 160mA of power until the 30 min mark hits and then it drops down to about 14mA of current draw.

So that has calmed my concern thinking it was pulling 160mA the entire time.

now that I have the battery installed checked out the new LED lights and they look good. ended up ordering load resistors for the blinkers they were only $4.

Also due to the battery only having a 20 Ah reserve I ordered some fixed cables I can use on my NOCO battery tender so I dont have to have the clamps when ever I need to hook it up. will just be able to plug it in.

Got the thumbs up from a director of NASA (Greg G.) that my calculations of track width are correct. So will be working on getting a deposit for some 17x9" Team Dynamics in a +23 offset. I hope my super hubs still live strong with the stress I am going to be putting on them with some 255/40 Maxxis RC-1's. Wont have those in time for Focus Fest, but will have them for next season of racing!

·
Thats What She Said
10,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Well Wheels have a deposit placed...

https://teamilluminata.com/collections/wheels/products/team-dynamics-pro-race-1-2?variant=6129693655067

Getting:
17x9 et 38, center bore 63.4m in the 4x108 bolt size.

TD has ran out of the 17x9 castings so am in queue for when they run the next casting run. Should be fall when I get the wheels.

I am going to likely need to run spacers up front. but to keep the wheels the same. I am using what 04st170 (Chaz I think is his name) has in the back in the 18x9 offset and runs a 235/40 tire. I may have to run a 5-10 spacer in the rear if I want to run the 255 tire in the back.

For the front I will need a 15-20mm spacer. wheel arches are already rolled but can be rolled more and pushed even harder out.

Rear wheel liners are now going to get pulled once these wheels are installed.

Paul with Team Illuminata Motorsports on their Focus had a 17x8 et23 but had custom fenders. We shall see how out works out....

·
Thats What She Said
10,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
ETX20L

This battery has been reported by "insiders" and other sites and forums is the same battery as the Braille B2015 https://braillebattery.com/products/b2015-1 (but with terminal posts).

The different ratings is the way Braille tests it vs Deka.

I have Upgraded the ground's and installed a more permanent connector option for charging.

So it will always be hooked up to a trickle charger when parked at home.

·
Thats What She Said
10,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
310 CCA is not much compared to the OEM battery of something like 540 CCA. but remember per Google:

CCA is a rating used in the battery industry to define a battery's ability to start an engine in cold temperatures. The rating refers to the number of amps a 12-volt battery can deliver at 0°F for 30 seconds while maintaining a voltage of at least 7.2 volts.

It starts the car great. thats why Braille posts their's as 1607 pulse cranking amps so its more likely for starting applications where it need to provide power for 2-3 seconds to start.

Also a 0F, not going to really be starting this car at this temperature any time soon. Its going to be 40-50F anythime this car is started.

·
Thats What She Said
10,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
Well took the car for a drive yesterday to get things moving, engine up to temp to cycle the coolant through. With the smaller battery (and some may say upgraded GND points) the car still starts within 1 second of cranking. Fans turn on with no problem.

Also before the long drive out for Focus Fest this year (yep bringing the Tick out from Utah to St Louis.) I wanted to check that my cruise control still works as apparently people have issues with it after they change out the rear brake light to LED. I did not have this problem when I installed them on my SVT but wanted to double check on my ZX3.

Not sure I fully understand that as the brake light is not on when cruise control is working. when you press the brake and send power to the light you have also turned off the cruise control.... but regardless of my understanding of this my cruise control works. So fully change out all the lights to LED's (with the exception of the headlights)

Not going to lie driving my ZX3 around is a lot more fun than my SVT due to the gearing and the low end going (light weight fly wheel & 4.06 gears likely help). This reminds me of really needing to get my SVT tuned. But instead I spent all my money on wheels.

·
Thats What She Said
10,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
T-Minus 4 weeks (ish) ...

Vehicle Detailed for FF19 and is ready to go, just needs to be packed with all the spare parts that I may need to get to and from the show. Note to self remember to put the shocks/struts rebound to the min setting before driving 2800 miles round trip.

With the car as clean as it is, I need to work on getting some permanent vinyl worked for numbering, class, and sponsor stuff.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,027 Posts
T-Minus 4 weeks (ish) ...

Vehicle Detailed for FF19 and is ready to go, just needs to be packed with all the spare parts that I may need to get to and from the show. Note to self remember to put the shocks/struts rebound to the min setting before driving 2800 miles round trip.

With the car as clean as it is, I need to work on getting some permanent vinyl worked for numbering, class, and sponsor stuff.
He forgot to adjust them.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Thats What She Said
10,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
Hahah, just from the track to the hotel the one time. I made sure for the long drive they were are at full soft. But when adjusting it back at the hotel it looked like there was some fluid at the top of the adjuster. I need to go out to the car and check is there is any more that seeped. Will want to get it warrantied out before the October track day.

Got some of 5 Acre Focus front bumper brackets that I will get on.

Car got on the Dyno at Panda.

A picture of day 2 of Focus Fest.

·
Thats What She Said
10,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
well nothing above has gotten done, but signed up for track day. Almost 4 hours of seat time in 2 days! Boom baby. October 4th and 5th will be busy days. longest single session is 30 min. Doing the outer loop and the full track. first itime with these track configurations. Full track is going to be a 4-5 min lap time with a 3,600+ foot front straight (.68 mile). Brakes are going to be USED going into turn 1, good thing I have new HP+ pads I will be putting on and TYP 200 fluid to flush out.

Oil change using Amazon 10W-30 full Synthetic with a Wix XP filter. also will be done before getting to the track.

·
Thats What She Said
10,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Alright a bit of an update since Focus Fest:

Got new wheels in:
Team Dynamics in a 17x9!

I am going to have to trim a bit and make some custom top flairs. Can't wrap around the front or back for aero due to classing.

Got some H&R 15mm spacers to play with for the front (From FSWerks using my gift card I won at Focus Fest). Should be good in the back with the Offset I chose on the wheels and the extra space back there for clearance. Still working on getting some rubber to install on the wheels and test fit for clearance to make sure i have the room.

Also working on getting some custom Two piece rotors, from Ceika. Hope they can be manufactured but it may be to tight from the hat to the contact surface. either way, I am also mocking up some custom brake ducting work. Going to use the ball joint and the tie rod bolts as mounting points. going to get some aluminum and fit it all up and then will need to find someone who can TIG weld it all together. Mock up on one side:

I added a bit more "metal" to shield the ball joint area as seen in this pic:

This will allow for 3" brake ducting hose to be routed from the bumper into the brake. I am hoping to get a piece of metal also cut to angle the inlet on the duct nozzle so 60% of the face is not a brick wall.

Need to mock up the other knuckle also since these will be side specific. and will want to figure out what gauge of aluminum stock I will want.

Going to get to the junk yard and pick up a OEM bumper so I can get the brake inlets installed and then also work on shroud for the radiator.

241 - 254 of 254 Posts