Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it ok to put a TD05H BIG 16G EVO 3 GT TURBO on our cars, cuz i have a TD05H on my car but i need a new one, i just don't know if itz a big 16G. So would it be ok to put that turbo on the focus? And what is a 4G63T Engine?
Thanks

·
Banned
9,238 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
It's all about effeciency also depends on how much boost. Get a compressor map for each turbo. If the amount of boost you wish to reach is within atleast a 60% effeciency island of the the big one, then get the bigger of the two that way you can flow more thus make more power.

My .02 cents

·
Registered
527 Posts
the tdo5 is an aftermarket turbo for dsm. i guess theoretically(sp) you could bolt on any turbo, just the tuning and plumbing could be a pita

·
Registered
535 Posts
^^^^ He already has the smaller version so the plumbing is done.

Usually the bigger versions of turbos (t25/t28, 14G/16G, etc) just have bigger wheels in them, but keep most of the physical dimensions.

what PSI are you pushing and I will look it up for you.

·
Registered
535 Posts
14G

16G "BIG"

·
Registered
535 Posts
Now when you look at the number at the bottom think of it as LBS. Most DSMs run at 13lbs so as you can see this is in the sweet sport of both turbos. If you are using the stock internal wastegate setting then either would work for you puropses, but the bigger 16G turbo will flow more air (more power from same pressure). + in the future you can run more boost 14G max out at 22LBS and the 16G max out at 27LBS.

14G CFM = ~420
16G CFM = ~475

Just make sure that they are both DSM turbos, b/c otherwise your piping won't fit.

·
Registered
535 Posts
BTW where are you getting this from, I have my suspicions

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i had a gude kit but i have rebuild the kit so many times that the desine is the same but the items are diffrent. That is the turbo that was on it when i ordered one with the shop who put it on, so when i hit the turbo i took it off and saw that it says that is a TD05H. I did some research and hound out that it was a DSM turbo, so i wen ton ebay and found one that is 16G. I Think i didn't have the 16G cuz it doesn't say on the turbo so i just wanted to know if i put the 16G on the focus ot woun't be shity. The A/R is 70

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so looking for a new turbo, I need the same connectors and nut holes (housing) just like the the td05h but i want to find a place where i can buy a nice "brand" name turbo that is cheap. So looking for any turbos that have the same setup and a website or info where i can find it. Need help Thanks all. I have a big 16g but i bought it off ebay :-( ye i know. I had to cuz i was low on cash at the time, but now i want a 20g or so. Or is that too big?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Is it ok to put a TD05H BIG 16G EVO 3 GT TURBO on our cars, cuz i have a TD05H on my car but i need a new one, i just don't know if itz a big 16G. So would it be ok to put that turbo on the focus? And what is a 4G63T Engine?
Thanks
It's already on a motor nearly identical to ours: 2.0l, DOHC, 16v. It's definately bigger than the Stage 3 upgrade to an SRT4. I think that's a TD05H-15G?? With good tuning, it should make alot of safe power on our cars.
The 4G63T is Mitsubishi's turbocharged, 2.0l, DOHC, 16v, 4-cylinder. This is the same monster that's powered the Eclipse, the Galant VR-4 and the EVO FQ-400(UK only). 405BHP from 4-cylinders....awesome!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Go forcedperformance.net , i use to have a 91 tsi and that company makes a decent range of turbos for dsm's along with other cars. My buddy has a suby wrx and just bought a forced performance 16g, its a nice piece. Just waiting for the weather to clear up to put it on.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
good site keep them coming, ow and if anybody knows a place that they trust and have good trusted rebuild turbos, cuz if a turbo is rebuild the right way then i see no differents from new.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts