Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, im sure the svt is pretty dependable under hard driving but i was wondering if it would put alot of beating on it to take it down the track every once and a while. I went to a track the other night with a friend and just watched others run and i was really wanting to get in there and run once or twice. Even if i were to shift at every redline through each shift and was pushing the clutch in changing gear and dropping it while flooring it, it should hold up good right? Ive run down the street before racing other cars and ive run it pretty hard, but i dont think ive ever run it flat out before, at least not past 70-80 from a standing still launch. I dont mind driving my car hard every once and a while, and i always fly down the road but i know dragging does kill some cars as i saw the night i was at the track.

·
Registered
132 Posts
example.... My car has had 27 days of shop time since January. I have it schedualed to go in on Thursday. (should hit the 30 day, lemon in Alaska, mark.)

I drive my car hard... However I don't run it down the track... Only street driving. redline drops (ALL THE TIME) will eat your transmission as will any car... The engine isn't ment to stay at redline (7300) all the time... It's ment to go that high and come back down.

I've had the water pump leak 2 times, valve covers replaced 2 times, belt tensioner... Anyway there is a whole list of replaced and serviced....

Anyway. Drive it to hard it will brake!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Or that it's going to be bought back by ford soon! It is schedualed to go in for work on thursday and I'm almost positive that it will be there for 3 days....

Then I get to start my paperwork for the dispute board.... YEAH! Hope I get e new one!

·
Registered
17 Posts
IS THERE N E SUCH PERFORMANCE PARTS YOU COULD BUY TO ENABLE YOUR ENGINE AND TRANS TO B RAN HARD ONCE IN A WHILE WITHOUT GETTING VALVE PRBLEMS OR NONE OF THAT STUFF? I VE HAD MY SVT FOR BOUT A GOOD 2 WEEKS.....HAVENT REALLY RAN IT HARD YET.....BUT I HAD A HYUNDAI TIBERON 2001...I RAN IT HARD......VALVE PROBLEMS AFTER RACING LIK 4-5 TIMES.

·
Registered
253 Posts
hey imajsdaddy

hey imajsdaddy, did you ever get your car replaced or write the dispute board? i just thought you'd like to know about some of the fine print in dealing with the lemon law. dealer will charge you again for registration of the new car which happened to go up to 130 bux now not 78 like 2 years ago, then there is an upgrade charge, what they will do is look at the msrp of your vehicle and give you that much to spend on your new car. lets say you owe 12000 on your car liek me, if the msrp is the same on your new car as your old one then you start out at 12000 on your new one then add the difference in prices, registration, and usage fee. the catch on the usage fee is that in alaska they calculate it by month not by mile. approximately 180 a month. at least thats what it was for me. if you want i can send you a scanned copy of the agreement they will give you to sign ad the3 requirements for the deal to go down. hope that helps you out by having someone in your shoes alittle ahead of you in the process. good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts