Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the SVT was sold about a month ago. I had lost motivation to go any further with it so I decided to let it go. The kid who bought was real stoked on it so hopefully it's gone to a good home, he may even have joined up here, I donno? I certainly miss driving the car but I don't regret selling it.

Here is what replaced it as my DD and only car. It's a 91 318is. Had my BMW for a few months before I sold the SVT and have been cleaning it up and fixing it up for the last 6 months because when I bought it...it was in sad, neglected shape. If you want to read through most of what I did to it, check out this link http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=212308

Just to give an idea, the car has come from this...

To this

These are just some recent pics I shot the other day. The wheels are new and were bought with some of the money from the SVT's sale.
[cheers]

My personal favorite

Heart of the best. 135hp of pure fury.

The seats are amazing, they hold you so well.

Thanks for looking
[cheers]
Nick

·
Quarter Tank Racer
2,124 Posts
I hate fisheye lenses, but DAMN that's a nice E30.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hate fisheye lenses, but DAMN that's a nice E30.
Not huge on them either, just been playing it with it recently.
And thanks! [thumb]

·
Rhinoliner!!!
2,577 Posts
id give my focus for one of them! good move!!!

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Hate to see another leave the crowd, can't believe I just did as well. But that's gorgeous and clean.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Nice car, and nice work spiffing her up, although that's hardly a surprise given how well you took care of your SVT. How do the two cars compare? Oh, nice pics too!

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
looks great bud, the bike looks good too :)

·
Boycott China Focus
4,192 Posts
nice work! love when people make a great car look like it should :)

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I'm sad to see your SVT go. It was one of my favorites.

As for your new ride I like it!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
very nice! what kinda bike is that? what size tires on the bike? Your bimmer is nice!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice car, and nice work spiffing her up, although that's hardly a surprise given how well you took care of your SVT. How do the two cars compare? Oh, nice pics too!
They're quite different. The SVT felt much more responsive (could be cause the BMW has a leaky steering rack) and easy to toss around. It felt alot more predictable driving at the limit. Not to say this car isn't a great handler. It feels much more balanced and nimble (it's 300lbs lighter) but the steering, while the feel is great, is like 4 turns to lock so I feel like I'm sawing at the wheel alot more. Changing racks this spring to a tighter ratio, that should help. I'm also around 100hp down from the SVT which is very noticeable. This car is still fairly quick. Stock they make like 135ho, I have a Turner Motorsports chip, exhaust and a k&n filter so it's no slouch when you get on it.

Hell of a good looking car though. Found one locally for $800 same color but no engine or trans :p.

M3 swap time? haha.
May be eyeing up a swap myself. They're fairly straight forward apparently

very nice! what kinda bike is that? what size tires on the bike? Your bimmer is nice!
It's a Verde Cartel everything loaded with Duo stuff. I'm on the Verde flow team and am the warehouse manager there too so it's pretty much all Verde and Duo. Thanks!

And thanks for the compliments guys and gal [thumb]!

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
I love the car and the bike! Give me some bike parts yo! lol jk Where do you ride in Columbus? Every winter I go up to visit family in Cleveland and I stop at Rays MTB...amazing place if you haven't been there.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
I've been hoping to see your old SVT around marysville, But no such luck yet. I like the new wheels looks so much better now.

I love the car and the bike! Give me some bike parts yo! lol jk Where do you ride in Columbus? Every winter I go up to visit family in Cleveland and I stop at Rays MTB...amazing place if you haven't been there.
I've been wanting to go to rays but I havn't had a chance yet. Looks amazing from the pics and the website.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Awesome new car.. I have an 87 :).. Love it. It is still in the process of getting done. Also I am one r3vlimited.com too :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts