Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, wut happend was.............i was gettin on it against a civic.............went to slam it into 3rd and being an ass missed it and went into second.....pulled it out quick everything was fine..............a few mninutes later the car shuts off while movin i start it bsakc up and continue driving..................shuts off again does this botu 3 times, pull in my driveway shut off again and will not start. went to ford i bent 2 or the connecting rods somehow.............not coverd under warrenty becuase i was putting nitrous on it and didnt finish i have the lines ran but no switch installed yet and they are being retarded and say it broke uz i had 2 have sprayed nitrous cuz they sawa the line but i never eve had it fully installed yet and the want 5,860$ to fix it so i was hopin 2 find a motor on here and do it myself

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
You can make them take the motor apart and PROVE you sprayed.

If you honestly did not spray then it will be easy to tell, b/c nitrous leaves its marks trust me.

Fight it.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Time to go up the chain of command at ford and make them understand. I know I woudl I have read some articles in the Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords about warrenty work its very interesting. Basiclly it said you have to fight and there are steps and processes that you must go through. Just fight it eventully ford will send someone out to investigate.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Trying to get Ford to cover it won't work. The engine was abused, and that voids the warranty. They don't cover owner induced damage.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
aww how cute he made a great point

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
sleepyboy said:
you say that so easliy I bet you can fight it. Why sell a mustang with 300hp do you think grandma drives it?
There is driving it spiritedly, and then there is abuse.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Egz said:
There is driving it spiritedly, and then there is abuse.

no doubt about that I would hope he did'nt walk in there and say what he said to us. I would lie my ass off and come up with a good story or something. Thats an insane amount of money to spend on a car that you have to pay for for a while still.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i jus simply told them i mis-shifted cuz that is honestly what happend apperently i miss-shifted the shit out of it but i still dont think it should have broke ppl miss all the time not sposed 2 be a big deal

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the car rele wasnt "abused " it had at least 3 ppl learn how to dive a stick on it though...so the clutch took a beating thats about it..........im actually very suprised the clutch has even held up with the number of ppll that have been learning on it, ill give the damn car that

·
Registered
295 Posts
My question is, how do you miss third and catch second, I might be able to understand catching first or fifth, but second is on the opposite side of the shift pattern.

·
Registered
369 Posts
i agree with Trickfocus on this. i have been driving a stick a pretty good while (7 years in my 7 year driving history)

i have missed my fair share of gears, but missing 3 and catching 2nd, i can see getting to the top of 3rd then trying for 4th and hitting 2nd or hitting first comming from 2nd

but from from 4th to 2nd isnt easy if your trying for it

and hitting 2nd from 2nd is well just [8] and wont cause damage

but like eveyone else said, lie to them, i would just be like, "i missed a gear and it started messing up i dont have a clue whats wrong with it?!?"

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yeah man, just fight it. Have the tech take apart the engine, and have someone from ford check it out. While I was working at a dealership down in Florida we had this riced out focus come in with two cracked pistons. We all knew it was from abuse and so did the ford rep, but he couldnt prove it and they had to warranty the engine. The focus also had all the hookups for nitrous but he took it out before he brought the car in, and the ford rep said he knows he had it on but it was never sprayed because supposedly nitrous leaves a white residue in your engine. So just keep fighting it! It'll work out.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
fight it fight it fight it. A representive from ford will eventully come out to despute the cost of but you have to go through the chain of command or the proper channels. If you want to scare them tell them you will take them to court that will get a reaction I rpomise you that.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Im just wondering. How would for know if you abused your engine? What is abuse? I have a automatic and I stomp on it sometimes and bring it to about 6200, is this abuse?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Third on a stock shifter is rather easy to miss, it used to sometimes jam and somehow I too ended up in second once. As soon as I saw the revs sailing towards the stratosphere, I clutched it and it ended well.

If you didn't spray, give em hell and have them tear the engine down. Otherwise, screw em. You can get a 2.3L swap for prolly $600-800. There are a few minor differences, but you can use the same computer, I'm pretty sure a reprogram is in order because a few sensors are off, etc. (and you will have to replace a few things otherwise). You could fix and upgrade the focus at the same time for WAY less than what they want.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts