Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's start it rolling once we have the information.

Displacement - 2.3L
HP - +315HP
TQ - +315Ft lbs
Redline - 6800RPM
Bore - ???
Stroke -???
Turbo - a new low-inertia twin-scroll turbocharger with larger compressor that delivers significantly greater airflow
Engine Block - The aluminium cylinder block employs stronger high-tensile cast iron liners.
Internals - ???
Head - produced from an upgraded alloy material capable of withstanding higher temperatures, and is mounted on a more robust head gasket with improved thermal capability.
Intercooler - Larger Unit Used than Ecoboost Mustang
Factory Boost levels - ???
Exhaust - a large-bore high-performance exhaust system with an electronically controlled valve in the tailpipe that helps optimize the balance of back pressure and noise output.

Hopefully we can fill in the ??? after tomorrows reveal![grinking]

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
325hp/ 350lbTQ

Turbo.... Duh

internals-Forged

Intercooler -FMIC
Lol. Looking for more details than that.

Q: What you a drive?
A: A car, duh.

Actual brand and size of turbo is what I'm most interested in. I will be surprised if it not the same exact turbo used in the mustang.

We will find out soon enough.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
*opens door* "same as the mustang but with significant upgrades" *closes door*
Fixt.

Thicker sleeves-check
Better head gasket-check
Improved head alloy-check
Bigger turbo-check

So basically, whatever the Mustang EB does we should be able to do better and safer.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,394 Posts
Fixt.

Thicker sleeves-check
Better head gasket-check
Improved head alloy-check
Bigger turbo-check

So basically, whatever the Mustang EB does we should be able to do better and safer.
This^^^^^^

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
The more I look at it, the more I realize just how potent this platform this platform can possibly be. Obviously it's just speculation at this point, but if the RS is sitting at 325/350 stock and we transfer the gains from the Livernois tune for the Mustang 2.3l, that is going to put it at over 375/435. That's with just a tune, and quite honestly I think it would be a bit shy of actual numbers simply due to the larger compressor that the FoRS will have.

I'm now really curious to get some more info on what the Mustang 2.3l is doing with additional mods. AWD is going to get the car off the line better and more consistently, so we'll have to see what sort of drivetrain loss there is/isn't as the vehicle gets moving. The additional strength of the sleeves/gasket/head should prove to put down some pretty good numbers.

/speculation

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The more I look at it, the more I realize just how potent this platform this platform can possibly be. Obviously it's just speculation at this point, but if the RS is sitting at 325/350 stock and we transfer the gains from the Livernois tune for the Mustang 2.3l, that is going to put it at over 375/435. That's with just a tune, and quite honestly I think it would be a bit shy of actual numbers simply due to the larger compressor that the FoRS will have.

I'm now really curious to get some more info on what the Mustang 2.3l is doing with additional mods. AWD is going to get the car off the line better and more consistently, so we'll have to see what sort of drivetrain loss there is/isn't as the vehicle gets moving. The additional strength of the sleeves/gasket/head should prove to put down some pretty good numbers.

/speculation
I completely agree with you. I expect this car to dyno around 280 on a dynojet. Back in 2003-2005 Evo's and STi's were putting around 230-245whp stock.

I wouldn't worry about AWD.

It wouldn't suprise me if this RS puts down more power that, Ford seems to conservatively rate their HPs every since the 99 Cobra incident. Hopefully we see results like this!

http://www.benzboost.com/content.php?3711-The-M133-(A45-CLA45-GLA45)-AMG-motor-is-underrated-First-dyno-of-an-A45-AMG-shows-340-horsepower-to-all-four-wheels

·
Registered
1 Posts
Man I'm excited for this platform. I've owned an evo 9 since new and only purchased it because of the power potential, and this 2.3 liter has got me excited just like back in 2006. I've seen what livernois has done with their mustang with just a tune. I'm just not sure if their flash is a piggy back system or flashing of the maps on the stock ecu? Don't see how they could of reversed engineered the stock ecu so quickly.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Apparently these are shots of the "secretive" engine bay, from the NYC Classic Cars Club - pre-production, and most likely unfinished. Not sure how these were taken, if the engine bay was so secretive :O

found on the FocusRS . org forum

1 - 18 of 18 Posts