Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My coil overs yet is because I work a half and hour a way in Riveria beach I have no other mode of transportation and from my understanding it's 6 hours to get them all set to the correct ride height. I would have my friend do it but he said it's a pain in the ass to get them all set.......he's only 10 minutes from where I work but there's a catch he might not be able to give me a ride back to work. also I don't think he could be there at 7:15 in the morning to meet me all thought I haven't asked him, I really need to do them because all my shocks and struts have been blown out.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Try spacing it out, do one end at a time & final setting later.

That spaces it to 3 separates days minimum.

You might adjust a bit after 'settling" even if all done at once.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never thought of it that way, now my next question is strut bearing plates I got a set of k sports and they line up with the existing struts the k sports are for 05 07

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Did it that way spaced out by a week when I did my SVT suspension, don't know how low you are now so it might be a larger change. You could even set the struts/coils high for initial installation & drop them more later.

K-Sports can't be for '05-'07, since '05 used the smaller diameter struts. '06-'07 would fit yours.

IDK what that brand/model does for strut mounts, do they use the stock pieces at all? (many include the strut mount)

(as this gets into suspension more, it's gonna end up moved to the suspension section)

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Thought you were dropped a bit already, that makes doing one end at a time for a bit more drop work out fine.

Doing both ends at once can be a bigger job than you want to tackle in a day.

Three bolt triangle at the top of the new struts would mean no other hdwe. needed to install, '06-'07 fits through '11 as is then. (All top mounts were the same '00-'11)

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
Play it safe and set the coil-overs at max height initially that way you won't rub when you drive before you have time to fine tune the ride height.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Already have issues at my girls place because they have massive speed bumps and I have the lower four-point brace from CFM and with having blown out struts it doesn't make things any better I'm sitting 1.5 in the front and the rear on Eibachs. I typically have to straddle the speedbump in order to clear it

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
Tell her to move to a place with no speed bumps or you will have to dump her [histerical]

I have been lucky and not run into many issues with bumps like that.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Just take the speed bumps slow till you get your coilovers on. I'd do the front first btw. I have the same 4-pointer cfm brace using sportline system w/ no issues. A stealth muffler doesn't help in some steep angles for sure. Either the stealth muffler or I'd gone w/ the H&R sport cup kit.

·
So mote be it
8,961 Posts
Fronts are easy enough, last time I swapped it took less than an hour from first jacking the car to rolling again. Set the front coilovers to the same height as the struts you take out. You can worry about dialing the height later.

I find the rears to be more work adjusting the height as I have to remove more parts, extra steps. Again shouldn't be a six hour job for a full swap over. With tools and taking your time, I'd say three hours.

Have fun doing some wrenching

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Brakes, Suspension & Chassis for more chat & future reference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts