Focus Fanatics Forum banner

11281 - 11300 of 11305 Posts

·
Rebecca
18,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,281
Oddly, I named this badass Fredrick. 98% of the time I name guns/work equipment /cars / whatever else random stuff I name girl names. Oddly Fredrick fit here.

This is an older picture right when I got it, but my place was clean enough at the time. Unfortunately the wrinkles did not fall out yet as it was like two days old at the time.

·
Rebecca
18,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,282
Today, I detailed Roomie's Fiesta ST. First time in a year or so it had been detailed. Looks pretty good imo.

Yeah, my car is next to it

·
Rebecca
18,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,283
Just for shits and giggles . . . STEAK!!!

I am obsessed right now . . .

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,045 Posts
I've been road tripping to BE. Car is retuned on the bigger turbo.

That rug is HILARIOUS. That's the perfect name also.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Rebecca
18,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,286
For the record, made a couple of 8 month old frozen Costco prime ribeye steaks tonight, and it didn't really do it for me. Honestly I give myself a 'B'. Roomie dropped by from dog sitting and I told him I eat enough of your pizza, I'll cook you a nice steak. I shoot for medium rare but I missed it by five degrees. They came out medium, with one steak being smaller and tapered compared to the other. The only time I complain about steak is if I pay for it, but it was pretty good. I think I'm just spoiling myself with all the fresh flat iron steak I've been buying from my butcher. It's easy to cook and it comes out perfectly medium rare every time. #firstworldproblems

What a terrible meal lol. Steak rules!

·
Grey Friar
669 Posts
Yeah, steak is a pretty nice "problem" to have... LOL. Do you use gas or coals?

We buy beef by the quarter from a local-ish grazer. The steaks run out long before the hamburger, and there's always a couple roasts left after the hamburger quantity says it's time to buy again. We eat plenty of vegies, but the steaks are always a high-point of our diet... grilling!

·
Rebecca
18,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,288
Yeah, steak is a pretty nice "problem" to have... LOL. Do you use gas or coals?

We buy beef by the quarter from a local-ish grazer. The steaks run out long before the hamburger, and there's always a couple roasts left after the hamburger quantity says it's time to buy again. We eat plenty of vegies, but the steaks are always a high-point of our diet... grilling!
A month late, but I always appreciate responses to posts, so agreed, steak is king. My buddy at work finds it quite humorous because I have all these pictures on my phone of literally steak on a plate. I either go to Costco and buy a four pack of ribeyes, or I get custom cut hangar or flat iron steak from the butcher. That's when I'm not eating garbage McDonald's and the alike. I do like vegetables, but I generally don't eat them except when eating at my Mom's. I know SPI farms and slaughters steers, but I have never done that or bought in bulk. I have access to a walk in freezer at work, and guys in the past have stored hunted meats, half lambs, and bulk purchases in there. So I could, but never have.

I live in a condo, so what I cook here is either pan fried, broiled, baked or usually a combination of that. At my Mom's house though, it's a natural gas grill. Same concept though, usually a sear of the outside followed by indirect heat. I like my steak medium-rare. I just baked six pounds of 'organic' chicken legs from Costco last week, basting them with Stubb's sticky sweet bbq sauce. Came out wonderful.

Lastly, I just bought 18 bottles of Old Spice Swagger shower soap for $51.67 literally before this post (with same day shipping[sigh Amazon{I feel bad for their workers}])This shit is getting out of control. I did not need it tonight, but I know I will be available to let the delivery guy in. At Walgreens they had the extra strength version for $11 a bottle. WTF??!! They had the normal version for like close to six. So yeah in typical Mikel fashion, I thought 18 was a good idea. I was probably right until I decide that the organic black African soap is where it's at. Just got to find a good deal on Swagger deoderent now. Personally I don't use antiperspirant.

·
Rebecca
18,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,289
^^^ for the record just used over four pounds of hamburger meat in a really nice chili last night. Steak is King though!

·
Rebecca
18,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,291
I noticed that . . . Btw I have 18 bottles of Old Spice Swagger. That might have been overboard. I think 12 would have worked. I buy in bulk just like my Grandpa did lol. I always have backups of everything. Which reminds me actually, I need garbage bags

·
Rebecca
18,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,292
I noticed that . . . Btw I have 18 bottles of Old Spice Swagger. That might have been overboard. I think 12 would have worked. I buy in bulk just like my Grandpa did lol. I always have backups of everything. Which reminds me actually, I need garbage bags
And previously mentioned, props to Amazon for less than 14 hours order completion.

·
Rebecca
18,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,293
Well, watching Dark Knight Rises which ends in 20 minutes, but need to go to bed. Weather pending, Michigan-Wisconson, noon. Not working till 430, so hoping I can watch it. And hoping Michigan looks ok because I can't drown my sorrows with alcohol before work. I came to the realization that you can't let sports or team pride ruin your weekend though. Life is good. An hour or a real stiff drink is what you gotta give yourself to overcome the loss. Life goes on. Peace, love and Michigan football. Go Blue!

·
Rebecca
18,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,295
Well I dropped $1400 today. I got Rebecca new shoes, and bought a new hot water heater. Rebecca got a set of BFG Comp 2 for $630. I have to be careful right now though because I'm running my "full sized" spare in the rear. I use quotes since it is a 215-50-17 inch stealie wrapped in a Continental tire. I bought my tires from a guy who does it out of his garage part time. I like supporting "small business", and I knew he wouldn't scratch my wheels. Just for fun he threw my spare on his balancing machine because he said I don't know if they balance spares out of the factory. It was really close to being true fyi. But the reason I'm running the spare though is because I'm having him fix my wheel that made contact with a curb a few winters back. His buddy does the wheels and unfortunately it probably won't be done until next Monday. But it was a small amount of rash and it only cost me $50. I'll tell you though, the comp 2 is a good looking tire. Not sure how it'll handle the snow, but it should be a better summer performer than the pirelli. Unfortunately I'll likely be replacing them again in another three years. I've had the BFG comps in the past and never really got more than 2X,XXX out of them. On a positive note, my stock tires wore evenly. He even told me I could drop the air pressure a little bit because if anything the middle of the tires looked a tad more work. I don't plan to though, because our roads suck here.

As for the water heater, I went with a 40 gallon gas Rheem platinum level heater. 40,000 btu 12 year warranty. $619+tax. I'm replacing an old 30 gallon unit from 2002. Probably won't install it for a month though. I have the old one cranked up 75% of the way, and it can't keep up. I'm currently saving my money to redo my bathroom and kitchen tile. Definitely want to go marble, full bathroom backsplash, glass shower doors granite vanity etc. After that, I have to finish off the kitchen with stainless steel appliances.

·
Rebecca
18,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,296
I always keep a stash in my rainy day fund though in case I have to replace an appliance. If that happens though, it's going to be a slippery slope. One stainless steel will lead to all stainless steel

·
Rebecca
18,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,297
Also, I'm very excited about AEW's (wrestling) tv premier on TNT later tonight. WWE is so dumbed down now. Bring back the Monday night wars and competition in professional wrestling! Also hockey season starts this week, and NASCAR playoffs are in full swing

·
Rebecca
18,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,298
Well, AEW Wednesday night dynamite was certainly entertaining. That was a fun ride. I'd love to see the tv ratings between them and NXT. I'm definitely going to continue to watch it at this point. It was refreshing to watch TV-14 wrestling again.

·
Rebecca
18,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,299
Well, watched aew again. It's certainly a bit of an older school take on wrestling. It's refreshing, and novelty withstanding, entertaining enough. I'll continue to watch. It's nice to walk in the door and be excited to watch a program I have just dvred. Also been watching a fair bit of hockey lately. Not sure when the hell I'm going to be able to watch Michigan and talledega this weekend. Brutally long weekend of work ahead, and for the rest of the Saturdays and Sundays this month.

Got my wheel back, and I can't tell where I had rashed it. I'll have to check it out in sunshine/good lighting though. But that was $50 well spent

11281 - 11300 of 11305 Posts