Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i have read this forum did reaserch and a crap load of other things. I have a 2001 se 2.0 Single cam spi engine. the questions are:
1. What short ram intake can i use for this without having to use reducers and crap that I HAVE TO BUY AT a store?
2.Will others work without doing anything to them?
3.What other possiblilitys are their for me?
thx for your input on this topic.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
A reducer is not NEEDED, I had mine just pushed down as far as I could and then tightened the hell out of it.

I had the AEM Shortram it was great.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FordRacing2 the AEM short ram if i remember right is only made for the ztech eng.

focusin what is the part number or link to the one you used on your car?

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I used the zetec one, it fits just fine it just takes a little (I mean LITTLE) thinking to get it on. It was the first mod I did on my own to my car and it was simple.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
If you're going to get a short ram, for the love of God I beg you, DO NOT get the Bomz intake from eBay, or for that matter ANY no-name eBay intake. I've been through that airflow enema before and it is NOT fun. Cosmo Racing makes an intake specifically for the SPI thats a cheaper alternative to the Typhoon or AEM, but I've never owned one, nor know anyone who did. Here's a link to the SPI Cosmo intake, so you be judge. As long as it has the MAF sensor port, so you should be okay. I would just get rid of the crappy filter and buy a K&N or AEM dryflow. But my best advice (and I'm speaking from experience) would be to go with the AEM or K&N Typhoon.

Cosmo also makes a cold air intake specifically for the SPI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts