Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's the plan for end of this year.

Get with Tom about gettng the 2.4 stroker kit, ( Low compression pistions )
Quaife
New Clutch and Flywheel
Turbo, (still debating between FS and Hi Boost)

the funds are there, I just need to wait till December ish.

my goal is 300-350 WHP for daily driving, 400 WHP and up for the track.

·
Registered
950 Posts
wait for the dragstrip or a race track?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think he ment,

"Wait, for the dragstrip or a race track?"

[thumb]

Puncuation, gotta love it [:)~]

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Shadowrunner said:
keep your head down! i hate to hear when a fellow soldier doesn't make it home!
X2

You need to focus on staying alive before you start worrying about your car [;)]

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trav-E2.0 said:
X2

You need to focus on staying alive before you start worrying about your car [;)]
haha, guys thanks for the concern, I'll be fine, I'm only worried bout my car when I'm not working, helps pass the time.

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
More power to ya soldier [thumb] As a voting citizen I'll do my best to keep the politicians from taking away our freedoms while you're away helping other people to gain freedom.

Um, about the car...
1) Do you have a standard or auto transmission? Just curious on this, it really doesn't matter, but the auto is better suited for drag racing- after being replaced with a Lentec ATX of course.
2) Consider asking Tom how much he would charge for trading in your D20 block for a D23. I'm sure you know by now that the D23 has a taller deck height, and that is VERY important in determining which motor is better for racing. It wouldn't be much more expensive to go from a bored & stroked D20 to a bored D23 (still 2.4), and you'd have the option to spent change to go up to 2.6 that the D20 block can't support. Just a thought to consider.

Also, Tom is semi-retiring, so you might want to check with him in a PM or email to be sure that he's going to be available during the time period you're planning on having this work done. That would also be a good time to ask him his advice on the whole deal. Hell, I might even see you there depending on my financial situation [thumb]

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hey I was in the 1st cav for a while I feel for you good luck out there and stay safe, keep up with your plans. Sounds like you want a v8 killer sounds good to me.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Tom says he is no longer offering the stroker kits for the Dura.

Another option might be getting the bored and sleeved set up Marcy was selling, only you'll have to have it done through the vendors he was going to use. Talk to aerostudent.

By the way, I got my wish; Zarkawi didn't die instantly when he got kissed with an F-16 air assault. Seems he even got to see the smiling faces of U.S. troops before he croaked. Ain't that a shame?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bigbudchugger said:
Tom says he is no longer offering the stroker kits for the Dura.

Another option might be getting the bored and sleeved set up Marcy was selling, only you'll have to have it done through the vendors he was going to use. Talk to aerostudent.

By the way, I got my wish; Zarkawi didn't die instantly when he got kissed with an F-16 air assault. Seems he even got to see the smiling faces of U.S. troops before he croaked. Ain't that a shame?
man that sucks, I heard some word that tom might keep producing them, oh well. Worst come to Worst I'll just swap in a 2.3 and build that, My goal was to use the 2.2 Toms kit just for the wow factor of pulling alot of power out of a 2.2.

Personally I wish Zarkawi would of caught it from one of our fine and welled skilled apache, but either way he was on the wrong side of an [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] whoopin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts