Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted via FF Mobile ah yes as the title states the focus is now over the 200k mark. so what now just pray with me and hope it lasts until tax time to get my wife a new car then i get the focus.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Posted via FF Mobilethinking of having the motor and transmission rebuilt when the wife gets her new car. what do you all think?

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
if it aint broke dont fix it!fif you got the money to fix it keep it in the bank and drive it til it dont drive no more. more or less bragging rights we got a 92 chevy 1500 v6 with just under 250000 and its never been opened up valve covers , oilpan and all never been off trans never replaced and its still a daily driver. maybe itll get rebuilt closer to the 300k mark but definetly not before she hits a quarter million

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Posted via FF Mobilei 'm going to drive it until the wheels fall off. my next project is going to be a built Honda ruckus.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Def compression test it. If the numbers are good, you get good MPGS, and it doesnt smoke (blue or white) then i agree, dont get rid of it and theres no need to "fix" it.

Im at 196k so ill be there maybe within the next 7-8 months or less. But i hope to have my OEM rebuiit motor dropped in by then to raise resell value ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts