Focus Fanatics Forum banner

161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Make sure to check your tires for wear. I dropped 1.5" on my mk1 and am getting crazy tire wear in the rear when I had none before. 2 other mk1 guys dropped and one had just minor wear and the other guy had none noticeable. Camber bolts should do you if needed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Does anyone know the stock rear spring rate of 2000 zx3?

I want to keep my ride height but I want a stiffer spring (for rally) , Also does anyone know a good place to order the springs.

The car is in the process of getting coilovers for the rears but I do not have time before this next rally to do all the cutting and welding it requires. So I will just get a stiffer spring for now,

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys, I'm new to the site and I'm looking at lowering my 04 focus zx5. What suspension brand/ kit would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2000 ZX3 Kona Edition with broken rear coil spring. Ford says part has been discontinued and there are none available. Any ideas? Daughter is driving the car so I don't need a full race suspension. Thx

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Should be avail. aftermarket, and the BST section here could be of help for used parts others took off to put on something lower.

·
Super Moderator
8,853 Posts
Better question is.... Will the bolts provide another ~1* of camber...

·
Registered
60 Posts

Attachments

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Quote is from an OLD post, but still valid if you can find a kit for sale.

Omni kit to fit it to a newer model, the bar is for the REAR and is 21mm instead of the std. 20mm if you have one.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks. I did not want to start another thread. Im surprised it hasn't been kept so active. I feel like I'm the only 07 owner out there, doing work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 SE Hatchback Lift

I am new to a Focus and this thread . What I would like is information on lifting suspension or body around 2 inches without spending lot of money. Any ideas or info would be appreciated. 2014 Focus SE Hatchback.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
This thread was started to list info. on existing suspension kits, at the time on the older models.

There have been no lift kits for any of the models to date, including your MkIII type.

You could start a new thread here or in the MkIII section for ideas, maybe even look in the rally Racing section to see what has been done with older cars for a SMALL lift (custom spring spacers for the cheap end, very expensive commercial custom suspension at the high end).

The car is NOT body on frame, so a body lift is not possible.

Here's just one Rally thread for ideas:http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/road-racing-rally/667378-thenorms-rally-x-build.html

P.S. - yet to see anyone try to space lower the suspension sub frames/struts/swing arms/steering/engine& trans mounts.

161 - 180 of 185 Posts