Focus Fanatics Forum banner

141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
03 svt suspension (all 4)

My car has 112k miles on it, and i had noticed that the front was seriously sagged. i was hitting the wheel arches on ALOT of minor bumps in the road.

I replaced the suspension all the way around with the Ford Racing m-3000zx3 kit that was susposed to be stock svt shocks, springs, and struts. I didnt see much change in the back (plenty of room in the back, but the front really didnt change in height much (maybe 1/2 inch). and when I have a passenger in my car, the front pass wheel will still bottom out really easily. I only have about an inch of clearance betwwen tire and wheel arch...

So the questions are; What is the stock spcae between the front wheel and arch supposed to be? And did I not change something out when I changed the struts, shocks and springs (something not included in that kit)?
Any help would realy be appreciated, as I spent all my spare cash on the kit, and cant afford to have ford tell me I screwed up. thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
i have since found the answer to my question in other sections of the site, but now i have another one...
is it at all normal to have the new struts not to return to normal ride height? (if i look at the front pass corner of the car, it will sometimes be an inch or so lower than the left front corner on flat ground.)

·
Registered
725 Posts
i have a question i was planing on lowering my car but dont want to pay $1,000+ for a whole kit....so my question is if i buy say monroe shocks and struts then buy Eibach Springs 4.11935 Sportline Extreme Lowering Springs would that hurt the shocks or anything? or would it even work?

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
The Monroe's are an OE replacement shock and are not designed or intended to handle or be used with the reduced travel and increased spring rates of a lowering spring. They'll result in lousy handling and fail pretty quickly. A shorter stiffer spring requires a shorter firmer shock. It's not an area to cheap out on. The problem you'll find is that there aren't to many shocks available for the 06+ Focus espcially when you want to go really low.

·
Registered
725 Posts
ahh ok thats good to know guess ill have to just save up to get the really nice set then....to bad FRPP are being sold any more -_- lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, Im new to the focus world. Just bought a 2001 zx3. Im looking to upgrade my suspension and i have a good opportunity to buy a SVT suspension for a great price but im unsure if the SVT suspension is compatible with a zetec zx3. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks !

·
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
7,806 Posts
Hey guys, Im new to the focus world. Just bought a 2001 zx3. Im looking to upgrade my suspension and i have a good opportunity to buy a SVT suspension for a great price but im unsure if the SVT suspension is compatible with a zetec zx3. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks !
The SVT suspension is compatible with all Focus from 2000 - 2005. So for your ZX3 it will work just fine

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
ahh ok thats good to know guess ill have to just save up to get the really nice set then....to bad FRPP are being sold any more -_- lol

There is an option, you can install 00-05 Ford Racing shock and springs (still available so far) on an 06+ car if you get the Massive Omni kit. It's an adapter kit (basically a shim) that allows the 00-05 front strut to fit the 06+ knuckle. It will add about 95.00 to your overall cost but it also opens the door to using a much broader selection of aftermarket springs and shocks that are available for the 00-05 models.

·
Registered
725 Posts
yea ive heard of somthing like that i think im going to do more reaserch...but im leaning more twards air ride due to the fact that were i work the speed bumbs would eat my car lol that an the pot wholes here in OHIO are bad as well

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im wanting to lower my svt can anybody on here running on eibach sportlines springs show me a picture of their car? Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
budget shocks for lowered focus? what should i run, i cant afford to go koni yellows or kyb agx, im on a pretty tight budget unfortunately so what are my options?

·
Registered
5 Posts
SVT shocks on CNG Sedan

Hello,

It is almost time for change my Sedan shocks, so I'm considering to do a upgrade.

By my research on this field, for my needs, the SVT damper kit + SVT spring kit could be a good choice.

Therefore, my idea is to use the Ford Racing SVT Focus Damper Kit for '00-05 Ford Focus http://focus.c-f-m.com/fordracingsvtfocusdamperkitfor00-05fordfocus.aspx + the Ford Focus SVT Springs kit for 00-05 Ford Focus http://focus.c-f-m.com/fordfocussvtsprgins00-05fordfocus-1.aspx.

However, I have some specific questions about this subject:

1) It could be possible to use the damper kit with standards front coils and rear coils made specifically stiffer to compensate the CNG cylinder on the trunk (higher stiffness)?

2) Any idea about the rear height in the case of this mods (SVT dumpers + SVT springs), considering the CNG cylinder giving a permanent 85Kg load on the trunk?

3) In this cenario, this option (SVT dumpers + SVT springs) is a good choice to use with a 17" SVT wheels?

Car pictures from today (Alperti-Brazilian CNG stiffer springs on rear suspension; 195/55R15 tyres):

·
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
7,806 Posts
Hello,

It is almost time for change my Sedan shocks, so I'm considering to do a upgrade.

By my research on this field, for my needs, the SVT damper kit + SVT spring kit could be a good choice.

Therefore, my idea is to use the Ford Racing SVT Focus Damper Kit for '00-05 Ford Focus http://focus.c-f-m.com/fordracingsvtfocusdamperkitfor00-05fordfocus.aspx + the Ford Focus SVT Springs kit for 00-05 Ford Focus http://focus.c-f-m.com/fordfocussvtsprgins00-05fordfocus-1.aspx.

However, I have some specific questions about this subject:

1) It could be possible to use the damper kit with standards front coils and rear coils made specifically stiffer to compensate the CNG cylinder on the trunk (higher stiffness)?

2) Any idea about the rear height in the case of this mods (SVT dumpers + SVT springs), considering the CNG cylinder giving a permanent 85Kg load on the trunk?

3) In this cenario, this option (SVT dumpers + SVT springs) is a good choice to use with a 17" SVT wheels?
Buying those 2 options will cost you $405, why not just get the complete kit including swaybars for cheaper?

http://focus.c-f-m.com/fordracingsvtfocussuspensionkitfor00-05focus.aspx

·
Registered
72 Posts
Concerning the weight of the CNG tank, I'd consider using some "spring spacers" similar to these:

Google for them and about them.

141 - 160 of 185 Posts