Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Is there anyone out there with a successful setup for 08 sedans.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
What about the KYB AGX adjustable dampers? the H&R Race springs should work with those.
I doubt this would be a good combo. H&R Race springs have very serious (high) spring rates. While the AGX's are good they were not designed for the spring rates of the H&R's and would be seriously stressed.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile How `bout just getting the Ken Blick Edition full race SVT from Ferd Racing? I`m sure they`d sell you one for just a few more $.....

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
Is there anyone out there with a successful setup for 08 sedans.
i got eibach for mine, im running stock dampers at the moment and have had no problems and i have pushed mine...... b4 winter i need to get a set. very easy to change. jsut make sure you take your time. mine took almost 3 days because i worked all day and worked on them a little at night..... but its pretty easy

·
Registered
16 Posts
upgrade tires from P195 to P205

I own a '05 ZX3-S. It's getting close to tire time. I have 15" aftermarket rims on car. Could I jump up a size to P205-15's. Tires are same price. Would this offer any advantages? Thanks
JT

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are there other options, such as subframe connectors to bring the entire chassis together? I'm fairly happy with the overall road manners, just thinking in terms of autoX or track days of what might be a weak link.

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
just add your sway bars strut bars and you should be good with a nice spring/damper setup.... if you do start have fun! im hopefully starting in the spring!

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I have info for one set of Roush springs but unsure of the model (if there's any difference). Anyway, what I have is 160F/180R.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just put on some Progress springs. Drop is 1.8" front & back. I still have stock dampers at the moment. Ride is actually pretty nice unless you hit bigger bumps, then it gets pretty rough. Have already hit the bumpstops a couple times. (yes, i trimmed them when I put the springs on) I have a set of Eibach Pro dampers on the way. That should fix it. :)

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was going to start a new thread but, hopefully I get help here.

My 2003 ZX5 has 193,200 miles. The engine started to show its age but, still running strong.

My suspension needs to be replaced but, I'm not willing to invest lots of money in it. I'm looking into lowering the car more than 1/2" and most of the link on the first page do not work.

Can anyone recommend me a web-link or a brand name to replace all struts, springs and sway bars.

Thanks [race]

·
Registered
164 Posts
ttt[ohcrap]

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have had a few kits on my car:

Stock
Eibach sportline+damper
SVT
Intrax SVT + KYB AGX (my favorite)
H&R race + koni yellow
Bilstien PSS9 (second favorite)
KW V1

Overall I like the Intrax/AGX setup the best for daily driving, but for split use (track + dd) I would go with the Bilstien PSS9.

81 - 100 of 185 Posts