Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
cool, thanks... what about GR2s with stock SVT springs? is even the .75" drop too much?

I know kids on the prelude forum have dropped the gr2s 1.5", but I was even ambivalent about dropping my agxes 1.7" in the front (as they advertised a max drop of 1.5")... my motorsports shop (blueridge motorsports) assured me it would be okay... so far, after two years, they have been right!

again, I appreciate the info... I'm enjoying the forum... gives me something to do since I dont have any money, lol...
They might be OK but why gamble.....why not go with a SVT shock with an SVT spring. Kind of seems like a no brainer. They're just as good AND cost a lot less!

·
Registered
42 Posts
That too was my reasoning... because we test drove an SVT and then bought an ST I noticed the change in handling... I liked it and planned to put the SVT parts on my car (some amazing ebay deals...), but wanted to get a little more feedback before deciding.

just as good at lower cost = count me in.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
06 zx3 suspension

I have a 2006 ford focus zx3 and I am having a hard time finding more than just lowered coil springs. I really like the H&R cup kit but I cant find it for the 06. What do you suggest.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
KW springs are usually yellow, but there's probably others as well. Have you looked at the springs closely (you may have to wipe them off if dirty) as most companies put their name or logo on one of the coils.
yea they are pretty old, the paint is peeling and when i took a glance while up on the hoist i didnt see any brand. does anyone have any idea how low skunks drop the zx3? would roush struts and shocks be a comparable replacement for my konis? thanks guys.

·
Registered
542 Posts
So I want to drop my 09' Focus Coupe, any recommendations? It's been suggested to me that I go will full coilovers, those are a bit pricey but apparently the best.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Ford Racing kit: Springs and Dampers:

Part #'s: M-18000-ZX3B and M-5560-ZX3B

I just put this on with my FRPP rear sway bar this weekend. It's a direct bolt on.

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
^^looks hawt......

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
your guess is good as mine, i dont deal with cheap/crap set ups.
teh eibach suspension kit is not a cheap/crap kit.

is it less than coilovers? yes

does eibcah make a good qaulty kit? yes

if you are not racing/ autox your car is there really a NEED for coilovers or adjustables

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
H&R beats the shit our of eibach suspensions any day of the week.

I had Koni adjustable shocks with H&R race springs on the last car, an you talk about go cart handling.......well that had it hands down. go threw eibach springs alone an figure out which set has springs rates that are 325 front an 375 rear or higher for our car.

eibach makes soft "user comfort" suspensions for everyday drivers.

the last time i talked to tony at newedgeperformance.com he told me to stay away from eibach because half the time the don't honor there warranty.

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
I have eibachs and htey are wonderful, no i don't race/auto-x my car (don't have great dampers yet....... ) but they so far hold up great. only been on about a month. but hey for 200 they aren't bad for just a looks car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
if i put the h&r race springs in my svt i know that will give me a stiff ride but how much will it drop it i know to take off .75 but still unsure my brain is fried please help

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
if i put the h&r race springs in my svt i know that will give me a stiff ride but how much will it drop it i know to take off .75 but still unsure my brain is fried please help
inch and a 1/4 in the front an 1 inch in the rear.

and the only shocks that can handle those spring's are Koni adjustables. you'll blow your svt ones with in probably a week because of the spring rate.

61 - 80 of 186 Posts