Focus Fanatics Forum banner

181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone running a a first gen BCRacing kit? '02 SVT targeted for AutoX and occasional HPDE.

Post count won't allow URL inclusion or it'd be here.

Experiences/impressions/reviews?

TIA

·
Registered
173 Posts
Are the factory spring rates known for each of the MKIII suspensions(SE base, THP, ST)?

I am pondering "upgrading" from my SE base to THP, but before I move on it I need to know the specs.
Any help here would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Are the factory spring rates known for each of the MKIII suspensions(SE base, THP, ST)?

I am pondering "upgrading" from my SE base to THP, but before I move on it I need to know the specs.
Any help here would be much appreciated!
The ST supplemental manual says 30 N/mm front and 32 N/mm rear, but that might leave you riding nose high in the front due to the ST's heavier powertrain weight.

The Ti Handling package had a unique front spring tag number, although the rear spring code was shared with some lower trims. I don't recall ever seeing a published rate for it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The ST supplemental manual says 30 N/mm front and 32 N/mm rear, but that might leave you riding nose high in the front due to the ST's heavier powertrain weight.

The Ti Handling package had a unique front spring tag number, although the rear spring code was shared with some lower trims. I don't recall ever seeing a published rate for it.
Thank you for that feedback!
In the absence of actual data, I think what I really need to do is find a THP that I can test drive and see what I think. I hate to spend nearly $1000 for a small marginal change. I know from a past test drive that the ST was pretty decent handling, but I have no idea about the THP.

181 - 185 of 185 Posts