41 - 60 of 65990 Posts

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts

·
Cursed
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
i just got my power back on at 7:30 last night. i'm not near spring, i'm in nw houston. still not back to work yet..the building is still without power. looks like i'll be moving soon since i won't have the money for rent this month.

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
hey by the way, guess what Carl? I got my exhaust on! [grinking] so yeah, that's what's new with me [:)] everything's on page 4, looks like we had an easier time than you guys lol [;)] say, how's the new exhaust treating you? http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171095&page=4
Nice work on your install. Looks and sounds great. My exhaust is treating me great. My gas mileage went up just a tad. I averaged about 28mpgs with both highway and city driving with a combination of babying it while driving and really driving it hard. I love it.

·
Cursed
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
i like how my comment turned into a BS thread. LOL! nice to see folks posting.

just a random thought that hit me today: would anyone ever consider having SR split-off from FF to include other sedans? i mean, the name is Sedan Revolution...not Focus Sedan Revolution....just a thought.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
cjhohn364 which wheels do you want?

I have a set of 5 spoke svt wheels and I have kyowa racing wheels.

haha, me claimy first! I call 5 spoke SVT...

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
I claim the title "Gold SVT Sedan" if anyone makes one before me [paranoid]
actually I'm making a list now to see how much it would actually cost... just like an estimate lol. I seriously plan on doing this eventually, and I'll have a nice shop to do it in if I get to that college....

·
Cursed
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
you can have "gold svt sedan"....mine won't be gold that much longer anyways LOL!

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
you can have "gold svt sedan"....mine won't be gold that much longer anyways LOL!
aww that's too bad......such a lovely color lol. just a totally random question because I'm too lazy to ask in the appropriate thread, would it look ok if I painted my mirror caps the same color as the car?

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
good good! only..... they don't sell my specific color..... but I found an import color that had exactly the same flakes and color and all that..... it better damn well work!

·
Cursed
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
just be ready for the color not to match exactly....you have an 02 like me and it's possible there has been some color fade over the years. that's why my headlight housings are still black. didn't want to paint them and the colors be off.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
good good! only..... they don't sell my specific color..... but I found an import color that had exactly the same flakes and color and all that..... it better damn well work!
It'll look great, I did it to my car, and my car is the same color as yours.

·
Cursed
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
bleh, gotta head out early this morning to see if i can find a gas station with power & gas before i go to work...this hurricane aftermath sucks.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
bleh, gotta head out early this morning to see if i can find a gas station with power & gas before i go to work...this hurricane aftermath sucks.
so is your area still w/o power? I know my mom's been back to work in Houston, so they gotta have power... Unless it's a generator, but then that things gotta be powerful as hell to supply that much energy... good luck on the search, though by now you've either found it or not...

and just keep the headlights like that...... it really does look good [;)]

oh right, and update: I painted the caps yesterday, but I had so many interruptions... girls coming over, having to run off to school for an hour, then going over to grandma's for dinner, lol. I wasn't done with the clearcoat until about, well... 10 pm. plus a fail for the company that supposedly shipped my bumper patch wednesday, maybe it'll come today [?|] but I also got all that sticker crap off the back of my bumper using a scraper... didn't scratch it any more than it already was lol.....

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
just be ready for the color not to match exactly....you have an 02 like me and it's possible there has been some color fade over the years. that's why my headlight housings are still black. didn't want to paint them and the colors be off.
well you're right about the colormatch fail, though I figured that part out last night :p. it doesn't match on account that I didn't even use factory matched color, because apparently Harvest Gold CC isn't a popular enough color to stock in the little spay cans..... they did have a big can listed, but I couldn't find that in any of the stores I went to [?|] lol the color I got was "desert sand mica" and I spent probably 20 min trying to match that with the Harvest Gold touch up paint that that had [thumbd]. so in other words, the best match I could find. I will clay bar it sometime next week, I could feel a lot of crap on the paint when I washed it tuesday... BTW, safe to wax mirror caps when completely dry?

I will admit though, it's not too bad of a mismatch, but a little more than I wanted :p

41 - 60 of 65990 Posts