Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys its Bryan with Exclusive Detail. Im starting this thread to provide accurate information on the proper way to maintain your vehicle's looks. I will try to answer everyone on the thread, but if I don't answer your question feel free to PM me.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
best way to clean rims, and what is the best buffer for a beginner? Black car shows many swirl marks and i want to buff them out... suggestions?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
best way to clean rims, and what is the best buffer for a beginner? Black car shows many swirl marks and i want to buff them out... suggestions?
black is the toughest color because it shows everything, but looks so good when done right.....if your thinking of buying a buffer, get a cyclo...they are idiot proof

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
400ish $'s? thats kinda nuts

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Whats the best product for drying a car without leaving water streaks?
I've tried microfiber towels, and they suck at drying.
I'm currently using a natural chamois, and its ok, but still not as good as I'd like.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whats the best product for drying a car without leaving water streaks?
I've tried microfiber towels, and they suck at drying.
I'm currently using a natural chamois, and its ok, but still not as good as I'd like.
I use absorbers..... they don't get all the water off, but I polish the cars after so it doesn't matter

and micro fibers are actually pretty crappy to dry with they dont absorb much moisture

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
the black fender wells around the tire any way to pep them up?
I use tireshine on mine from work cause i am also a detailer at work. so i get to use all the good stuff on my car :) love the job man.

·
Registered
453 Posts
best way to keep the inside of the front windshield clean, and NOT fog up????

i can careless about the rest of the car but having a dirty windshield annoys the hell out of me!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the black fender wells around the tire any way to pep them up?
When you are treating your tires treat the wheel wells with the same product......if you are really trying to get them clean though try grafiti wipes....but try the tire dressing first it works great

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
anything about my post regarding windows?
Sorry .... I just missed it

Anyways...

Windows suck.... no way around it.... I use rainx window cleaner to clean them and then go back over them with a surgial towel. that might be tough to find......the most important thing is don't do windows in the sun...it will dry out the chemicals in the cleaner too fast and leave terrible streaks and residue.

But basically windows suck....I am still looking for the perfect window cleaner.....its not out there yet....if someone would invent one they would be millionaires...... every pro detailer i know hates windows

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I use invisable glass its made by stoner not only is it a great product but it comes in arosft can and is tint safe :) and a nice microfiber after you clean it well will remove most everything. And if there still is something on there you can try 00 steel whool

1 - 20 of 56 Posts