Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So i already have magnaflow catback and volant cai.Now I was thinking of getting the 65 MM Throttle body from Focus central.How hard is this to install?Any feedback will be welcome.Also I want to finish the exhaust.Can anyone recomend any parts that will go well with what I have already. Thanks for the input!.[thumb]

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
install is a breeze on the throttle body. my advice would be to finish the exhaust first, then get the throttle body and some cam gears.

·
Registered
697 Posts
listen to Euro he knows his shit.

first thing i did was finish my exhaust. then now i got a FC TB, AEM CAI, and got a set of crower stage 2 cams, and camgears on order. once i didle that for a bit. i got a spare head kicking around which im gonna port polish and widen those valve like the FORD RACING head.mmmm saves me about 800 $ [^] if i get the head bored, cause someone i know owes me a favor for painting there car for cost of materials. [:D]

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
sceviour u should have a machine shop mill the head, get 11.0:1 comp out of it, make some nice power then eh. u got a pretty good set up comin for ur ride.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
I did the Ford Racing shorty header, RT cat and flex pipe first after my cat-back and now waiting on the TB. Good advice which I got when I first joined the forum, glad I listened.

·
Registered
19 Posts
get throttle body

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Finish your exhaust. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
697 Posts
EuroZX3 said:
sceviour u should have a machine shop mill the head, get 11.0:1 comp out of it, make some nice power then eh. u got a pretty good set up comin for ur ride.
do you mean get them to bore widen them valve and intake/exhasut ports. and get some high compression pistons? like the 11:1

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
no. you can shave/mill/deck the head to reach the same compression ratio. no need for new pistons and rods.

good ide would be to get another head and have the shop do all the work then swap it out when its ready, or get the ford racing head and have them shave that :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
know hte spec for the shave/mill deck?
also at the same time should iget them to widen the valves and ports?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i dont know it off the top of my head. but the machine shop should know, if they dont i can look it up for u again.

get it worked to be more or less identical to the ford racing head. www.newedgeperformance.com has some detailed specs on it but the oversized valves arent a bad idea

·
Registered
697 Posts
that as the original plan, but if i did? could i still mil and shave it? i dont think you could?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
you mean if you didnt? well once its milled its milled, but i mean you need to know what your doing to get the right compression, 11:1 is good for all motor and maybe small boost, but w/ a big boost turbo it wouldnt do you good

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well lets just say if he wasnt getting it for free, id say get the FR head and save your time and money

·
Registered
697 Posts
yeah mofocus, im thinking of sc maybe down the right. i dobut it. i dont liek the whole ECU tunning cause its hard spot for me in my area.

but hwat i meant was. if i were to do it to FR specs, then also mill it/shave it for the 11:1. is that even possible?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
just fyi, with a free flowing head and a race header you will only boost 2-3 psi with the jrsc on there.

yeah u can port, polish, get oversized valves, and mill it to 11:1 for sure, im not sure what kind of fuel u have out there, 10.5:1 i think can run on 91 safely.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts