Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, after the nice turnout with the recent meet in Wilmington, folks are chomping at the bit for the next meet. There's already a thread started on the "other site", so I figured I'd start one here. The ideas that have been batted around are a meet somewhere a little more central in NC, and also maybe someplace a little closer to the SC line so the SC guys don't feel left out. First off though, we want to decide on a date. The leanings are towards either the end of February or the first weekend in March. I've asked the the FJ guys to post up their preference of two dates, so I'd ask you guys the same. The dates are:

February 28

March 7

Post up which of these two dates you would prefer and I'll tally up the votes. Once we've decided on a date we can start lining up the location and the itinerary. [thumb]

·
Registered
758 Posts
I say February 28th....or March 7th...no preference, Brent any ideas on a central location? Maybe somewhere in the Carowind's area, or closer to Spartanburg. Carowind's would be probably be great, it's smack dab in the middle of everything.....

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
i vote march 13th friday the 13th[deviltail]
however my vote shouldnt be counted because unless something very bad happens between now and then i will be working both those weekends

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would love to attend but lets try to get closer to the sc line. I live in anderson, sc

·
Registered
58 Posts
We should meetup in Greenville, SC. and go to frankies funpark (Go-karts, and lasertag)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys, I'll let you know which day we seem to be leaning more towards.

Sorry you can't make it Chase, I know there is never a perfect date for everyone, but I'm hoping that we'll have more frequent meets this year so everyone can have a chance to attend at least one G2G.

Luke: It's exactly for you guys that I'm trying to see if I can find someplace close to the border. I know all of the meets last year were in NC, but I'm hoping we'll be able to have at least one meet in SC this year. To start slowly, I'm just gonna try and find someplace that is close enough to the SC line that it's not too far of a drive for you guys. Hopefully that will also stir up some interest in SC.

Clif: Carowinds could be interesting, but it's a little expensive I think. Of course, I haven't been there in a quite a few years, so I don't really know - I'm just going off of memory. The other thing that I'm not sure of is whether or not they will even be open then. It would be a good meeting place, though. I wonder if we could meet there and then cruise to somewhere else to eat and hang out? Just a thought....

·
Registered
58 Posts
yea i don't mind close to the sc line or even in nc just thought frankies would be fun since it has go-karts and laser-tag

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We've done the go-kart thing at the NASCAR Speedpark in Concord Mills Mall before and it was a lot of fun, but I wasn't sure if that would be too far of a drive for some of you SC guys. We'll nail that down better when we finalize the date. BTW, which one works better for you, the 28th or the 7th?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, I'm dense. The wife just reminded me that her Mom's birthday is March 7th. I wondered why that date seemed familiar. I guess that means I'll have to throw in my vote for the 28th.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i am up for march 28th lets go to steak & lube and then frankies, and then cruising

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually it's February 28th. Does that still work for you?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, well it looks like most people are leaning to the 28th, so if there are no objections, let's set the date for Saturday, February the 28th.

Now comes the hard part, where do we meet? The suggestion was made for someplace central to everyone. We could choose a place central in NC that is near to SC, but we could even narrow it down more if we knew who was coming. How about we start a list of who wants to meet and where they are from? That way we can try to pick someplace relatively equidistant from everyone.

I'll start:

Tangerine Dream - Charlotte

1 - 20 of 48 Posts