Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought the "new" steeda triax from cfm. the install went smooth on my 05 st. one tiny problem is that since the new version came out to suit 02.5-08 it doesn't come with the reverse lockout but does come with the cool aluminum piece to keep the lockout look but after you re install the cable mount the damn cool-ass lock out thing wont fit on the shaft. it covers all the threads for the knob.

the cable mount locks into a pin that they have on the shaft, so you cant slide it down further to give the aluminum piece enough room to slide on. has anyone had this problem? or am i missing something here.[dunno]

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
funy, i just posted about this, but yeah, ur missing something. you may not have slid the piece down far enough on the mounting part, or you dont have the lower part aligned right...it has 4 slots that u need to line up, and grease, that go on the bottom of the shifter. the rev. lockout uuper part should slide right over the linkage piece. so, it slides UP into the knob to go into reverse.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
mine fit just fine, you probably don't have the cable mount slid all the way down

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i checked to see if i could slide it down further and the pin is stopping it. for some odd reason i think they sent me the wrong top half. the pic on steedas site looks alot smaller than the one i have. the one that was shipped to me looks as if they ripped apart an old fr/steeda reverse lockout one and gave me the top half. could this be possible?

·
Registered
401 Posts
mine is that same exact piece minus the little tail thing on the bottom. cut that off and you'll be good to go :)

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
ah. yes, pics are great. yeah, that piece shouldnt be there, onthe bottom. maybe they missed cutting it all the way.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
report back, let us know!

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
Ya I had to cut that off my custom STS b/c the rod wouldn't go through enough to screw on my shift knob.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
so did u get it to work?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i had to cut the whole bottom half off (the stick thing and the piece with the screw holes for the reverse lockout mechanism) it took forever and alot of cutting disks, poor dermmel. i will get pics up today.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts