Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took out the new Ralley sport the other while at was at the dealer to get the new evo, It stock 160HP really did not impress me until I took it for a spin! WARNING, beware! I love my SVT but with out MODS everyone is catching up!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
If its like the '02 OZ edition it should be similar to the following
Year 2002
Make Mitsubishi
Model Lancer
Trim O-Z Rally
Transmission 5-speed Manual
Theoretical Top Speed 115 mph

0-30 mph 2.60 s
0-40 mph 4.60 s
0-50 mph 6.30 s
0-60 mph 8.99 s
0-70 mph 11.70 s
0-80 mph 16.00 s
0-90 mph 21.00 s
0-100 mph 28.60 s

100 ft 3.40 s
500 ft 9.10 s
1320 ft (1/4 mile) 16.80 s @ 81.7 mph

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
its not the same...
the 02 OZ had a 120 hp engine...

this one have a better engine...162 on the manual and 160 the auto....

Joel

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Haha, well there ya go. More information than you probably ever wanted. [:D] From the specs, it sounds like it's pretty closely matched to the SVT Focus. And the "makeover" makes it look a lot better than the base model Lancer, which to me always looked too much like they were going for Lexus LS400 shrunk to compact size...

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
bah !
i loved the evos until it bacame a spoiled children car....
an the new style of mirage look like ass IMO...

Joel

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Sweet! MIVEC!
running to 60 mph in 7.5 seconds and the quarter mile in 15.7. This thing is as fast as an SVT but I don't think it will handle as well. I hope not. Can anyone find the skidpad rating?
I'm so glad the Lancer is finally Mitsubishi's monster instead of the Eclipse. The 3g Eclipse is basically a Galant with a stick.
Road & Track said there might be a Ralliart Galant & Montero in the future. I think this Ralliart thing might be getting out of hand.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Infra3sv said:
Sweet! MIVEC!
running to 60 mph in 7.5 seconds and the quarter mile in 15.7. This thing is as fast as an SVT but I don't think it will handle as well. I hope not. Can anyone find the skidpad rating?
I'm so glad the Lancer is finally Mitsubishi's monster instead of the Eclipse. The 3g Eclipse is basically a Galant with a stick.
Road & Track said there might be a Ralliart Galant & Montero in the future. I think this Ralliart thing might be getting out of hand.
Just remember that there was the Galant VR-4 (basically a pre-cursor to the Lancer) in the mid 90's that was Rallied by the factory and is still seen in SCCA events. Matter of fact...........there's a guy around here running a t3/to4 hybrid that screams. Ralliart has been around for awhile..............

-Later

·
Registered
798 Posts
Well they are coming out with a "stripper" version of the EVO called the RS. No radio, no wing, sound deadening material, ABS, HID headlights, A/c, rear-window wiper, vanity mirrors. All that gone and it only saves 150 pounds? But it will have the same engine and AWD plus a helical limited slip up front, crossbar in the trunk, black mirrors and door handles. It will cost $26,000 and only comes in red and white. Pretty cool!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Infra3sv said:
Sweet! MIVEC!
My SVT replaced a 97' Eclipse GS-T. I would never own another Mitsu again. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a super bad car, but I wouldn't own another one.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
02SVTFOCI said:
Just remember that there was the Galant VR-4 (basically a pre-cursor to the Lancer) in the mid 90's that was Rallied by the factory and is still seen in SCCA events. Matter of fact...........there's a guy around here running a t3/to4 hybrid that screams. Ralliart has been around for awhile.......
Was the VR-4 a ralliart car? I think they still make the VR-4 in Japan. I know they only came over to the US in 91 & 92. My last car was a Galant so I know a little bit about them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts