Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Does anyone have these? They are basic projectors in an ST1 headlight, or so it says. How can they offer it so cheap? Mass quantities? Headlights alone are 250 each plus the retro!

http://www.thelightingfirm.net/product/12-14-focus-hid-bixenon-hid-projector-retrofit/

$570 shipped, Seems like a good deal if the headlight is oem.
A bunch of ST guys have them:

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-appearance/28487-custom-retrofit-led-drl-halo-pictensive.html

They had a group buy that ended like a week ago and a lot of people ordered them as well.

If you retrofit your stock headlights, you are going to pay a lot less than $570.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
ST light have different pinout...

Many people ended selling their ST lights because they didn't have time to mess around with the ST to reg focus connector conversion.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Those headlights are for MK3s without factory HID so they will work fine in a non-ST. I've looked into these guys a lot and it seems like they do good work and stand behind their products. Can't pull the trigger now so close to the holidays but might pick up a set sometime next year.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have mine on order since last October. Since I wanted the newest theretrofitsource.com parts, I had thelightingfirm wait until they received the new xb35 ballasts and new xb35 5500k bulbs (d2s). Still waiting for mine to come in, but I'll let you guys know when they do. My custom order (not the pre-made one straight off their site) came in at $599 shipped.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just ordered a pair like that except the housing around the projector is still chrome. Everything else is the same. I bought them through ebay from a store up in Michigan that says these headlights were made by the lighting firm. I got them for $400 with free shipping. Only downside is that it's going to take a month to come in. What sold me is that they were plug and play. me =/= wiring

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How are you guys ordering these custom lights? I see on the site it has st1 headlights for sale but I want them for my sel

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I was considering having a set done.
Just to make it clear, the price and usual routine is to send your headlights to them and they modify them right? Or is just buying a set an option?

·
Registered
118 Posts
How are you guys ordering these custom lights? I see on the site it has st1 headlights for sale but I want them for my sel
I actually bought a pair of retrofitted Ti lights from an ebay store that sold lights from The Lighting Firm. I think the ebay store was called "allstarautolightsmichigan." I got mine for 399 with free shipping. It comes with the headlights themselves, harness, ballasts, and 5k bulbs. Only downside is it takes a month to arrive.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was considering having a set done.
Just to make it clear, the price and usual routine is to send your headlights to them and they modify them right? Or is just buying a set an option?
I just bought a whole nother set of headlights that were retrofitted. And, if I'm not mistaken, everything that The Lighting Firm sells is actual headlights; as in you buy a whole new set.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I just bought a whole nother set of headlights that were retrofitted. And, if I'm not mistaken, everything that The Lighting Firm sells is actual headlights; as in you buy a whole new set.

Cool. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
No problem man. And if you have some money laying around, I would recommend the Stage II lights from the Lighting Firm....those things are so mean

http://www.thelightingfirm.net/wp-content/uploads/FocusStageIIHeadlights.jpg
Actually, I do have my stock Ti headlights that I could send off to them to have it done. I'm still a little iffy if I like the slanted led stripes they put in the headlights. I know it's the mustang style but I would rather see a traditional style like the ST3 headlights

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had my set done end of august beginning of Sept. Came back chipped paint and projectors were poorly rotated. Sent back month later same problem. I finally sent them back again and now have a 95% perfect set. The left side projector rotation is still off but no chipped paint. For the price these should come out perfect the first time. Check the ST forum there's a HUGE thread about these. Hit or miss for most of the guys also. Main problem is projectors are not rotated properly.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts