Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
****DEAD ]****

**30 Person Requirement to get The Lighting Firm interested in designing a Grille for the Ford Focus N/A 2012-2014. **

1) Company / Seller Name
The Lighting Firm
2) Company / Seller Address
The Lighting Firm
38309 Abruzzi Drive,
Westland MI 48185
3) Company / Seller Phone & Email
844-LED-HIDS
4) Part / Item Name
N/A (ex. 2012-2014 FORD FOCUS TLF GRILLE)
5) Estimated Production / Manufactured Date
N/A (Pre-Design & Pre-Production, feeler for design)
6) Pricing
N/A Similar Pricing to: (ex. TLF Fusion Grille is $489.99//$500)
7) Focus Fanatics Only Discount (Required)
N/A, Would have to secure FF Only Discount
8) Any Related Product Images
** These Images are for the 2013-2015 FORD FUSION TLF GRILLE, they do not reflect exact designs for proposed Focus N/A grille ** (but I would expect similar designs)
Josh from TLF said the potential grille would have similar add-on options of carbon fiber and color matching, etc.

2013-2015 FORD FUSION TLF GRILLE Product Description:
"Each grille style comes with small mesh lining made of urethane. The Lighting Firm gives you the option of an open grille with no slats or a grille with slats. The slats are the angled grille pieces that flow down from the Fusion's hood body lines." - Steeda
"The long awaited 2G Fusion TLF grille is here! Our grille is available in two flavors- Fiberglass and Carbon Fiber! The Fiberglass option enables you to choose from the base gel coating for a perfect glossy black install ready finish, or upgrade to a paint matched grille for that clean euro look. Should you choose the paint match option, they will be paint matched using Ford paint codes in our 8X10 downdraft paint booth. The grille will only come with the TLF logo by request. From the date you PRE order, expect a 6-8 week delivery time frame due to initial product start up time. Just like all of of our awesome products this comes with a two year warranty! Production will start once 30 pre orders are confirmed**" - The Lighting Firm

Interest List:
1) SamuShamploo
2) Hemingways Fury
3) xtraspin
4) ChalupaJones
5) 04ZTSJelf
6) CableGuy7556
7) Duncan1104
8) Toaster-Six
9) jrfender
10) cjpasch
11) njfocus1992
12) KK_SilverDevil_712
13) FFhb13
14) mouser
15) Shru63
16) WickedFocused
17) arnithma
18) GotST?
19) B_Evil
20) AzraelGrin

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Hmmm. I might be interested. Waiting for more info.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
The Lighting Firm Focus N/A Grille - Feeler (Pre-Design)

Definitely have my attention as well. Would like some more info before putting any money down.
Would also like to see a prototype or photoshop maybe.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Bring on the info!!

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I would like to see something with the mesh that has the fang style lights on the triangles. I think that'd be awesome.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha yea, we'd all like some more info or concept mock ups. I know TLF has been interested in getting a Group buy together for the ST any many ST guys have reached out to them via fb/instagram. They told me to find 30 others for the N/A before they would consider it. So this is an interest list, not a buy commitment. Basically a list to show them yea a bunch of N/A focus ppl would be interested in a similar grille.

@thelightingfirm: "...if you can get 30 other people interested, we can do it no problem!!"

I've just reached out to them to see if they have additional information or if they'd be willing to do some mockups. I'll update the thread if I get any more info. I assume it would be a similar mesh design of some sort.

Can I mark the 6 of you as interested?

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Me too

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice guys, I've updated the list to include your names if you've specifically said you're interested.

I'm sure the Focus N/A grille would be a little different and possibly more difficult because it doesn't have the similar fish mouth front as the Fusion and ST. But I'd be excited to see what they come up with if this gets going. [pray]
Really starting to appreciate the n/a front bumper over the ST, just gotta upgrade that black plastic. I'd love to see mesh in the triangles, full upper (replacing the whiskers) and full lower mesh grilles....getting rid of that chunky area for the license plate. I rather have my front plate removable and be able to mount it anywhere on the grill with some nuts n bolts.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Sadly the upper grill and whiskers are made into the bumper cover so that requires chopping and repainting the bumper. Maybe they can make the 2 triangle grills and the middle like this:

Minus the ROUSH logo.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Sadly the upper grill and whiskers are made into the bumper cover so that requires chopping and repainting the bumper. Maybe they can make the 2 triangle grills and the middle like this:

Minus the ROUSH logo.
yea id like to see something like this, or have a full mesh grille in the middle, and up top. Though the wiskers are attached to the bumper. I'm pretty sure something clever can be made to attach to the wiskers. The black, chrome, and emblem all come off the bumper part of the wiskers in once piece. if someone made a mesh upper grille that could utilize the same mounting points i think it would be good. It would look the same: just a full upper mesh grille. you can spray the bumper part of the whiskers black to blend in behind the mesh. you can even attach a ford logo to the mesh or whatever.....
^this is what i want at least.

I've thought about modifying my existing pieces by attaching mesh grille to them so I wouldn't need to cut anything, but it would be even better to have pieces that replaced the existing: full middle, triangles, and black part of the whiskers. If i had a garage and proper tools I think I would try this, similar to what KK did.

Zunsport has some mesh for the ST:

Ebay Billet Grille: (also offered in a full upper version where there is not Oval emblem cutout.) but I think a mesh grille or something could look even better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys,

Josh from The Lighting Firm. We are currently working on the prototype for the ST and would love to do a grille for you guys.

Please spread the word and get as many people interested as possible and we should be able to make this happen.

Please direct your questions to SamuShamploo and he can contact us.

Thanks for your support and we hope to get this going for you soon!

-TLF Josh

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Guys,

Josh from The Lighting Firm. We are currently working on the prototype for the ST and would love to do a grille for you guys.

Please spread the word and get as many people interested as possible and we should be able to make this happen.

Please direct your questions to SamuShamploo and he can contact us.

Thanks for your support and we hope to get this going for you soon!

-TLF Josh
Thanks for the post! Just responded to your email with info about the grille.......part #s, how they attach, ideas etc.

These guys are 45mins away from me..
I wonder if they will need a test mule ?
haha yea, I'm pretty close too :3

-----
Grille Part #'s:
- CP9Z-17K945-B (Center Radiator Grille)
- CP9Z-17K946-A (Left Hand Driver Side Grille Insert, "Triangle")
- CP9Z-17K946-B (Right Hand Passenger Side Grille Insert, "Triangle")
- CM5Z-8200-CA (Radiator Grille Assy, "Whiskers + Emblem")

Attachments

1 - 20 of 100 Posts