Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My frustration levels are out the roof, so I'm hunting for a good quality turbo kit, but when I google ford focus zx3 I go to ebay anybody know of any good turbo kits? Gaaah I hope so I only want to boost at 8psi first I knw I knw its low but still its boost lol

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Talk to Tom.

1turbofocus

He sells a DIY kit. He can also point you in the right direction as far as what else you need to do to your car to make it right.

Also, take a spin throught the BST forum on the site. There is generally pretty good stuff for cheap.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
I made my own kit from scratch and it saved me around 1200 but listen to me well lol

BUY A FULL KIT... The Headache of what i went through OMG i would of spent the extra 1200 for a topspeed or focuspower kit... IMHO their the only two kits worth it atm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good lord lol topspeedpreformance was expensive. I know a turbo is going to cost a good amount of money but I still got to upgrade my clutch. My goal is to turbo, get it installed and programmed replace my clutcn replaced stage 2 for all around 7000 hopefully...but not a lot of ppl can do that in south western va...

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Good lord lol topspeedpreformance was expensive. I know a turbo is going to cost a good amount of money but I still got to upgrade my clutch. My goal is to turbo, get it installed and programmed replace my clutcn replaced stage 2 for all around 7000 hopefully...but not a lot of ppl can do that in south western va...
7,000? ya I turboed mine and put a stage 3+ from spec with a lightweight flywheel for well under 5

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
3500-4500 for a turbo kit and Its not that hard to install one especially on a zetec. VERY EASY! then spend anouther 500 or so for a good clutch and labor for the clutch job is 500-600 depending on the place. 5500 ur done

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
7,000? ya I turboed mine and put a stage 3+ from spec with a lightweight flywheel for well under 5
How'd you do that???

And does anybody know about the ebay turbo kits? Jus a question lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
3500-4500 for a turbo kit and Its not that hard to install one especially on a zetec. VERY EASY! then spend anouther 500 or so for a good clutch and labor for the clutch job is 500-600 depending on the place. 5500 ur done
What about tuning it?how'd u go about that?

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
focus power 550 for tuning and he emails the tunes and his tunes carry a lifetime retune if you ever change anything he will retune it.

focuspowers DIY kit is like 1500, then 400-600 on a turbo from whoever then u need feed and return line kit on ebay their like 100. injectors are 150-200, MAFia is 150, it really isnt that expensive. Another 300-500 for a custom 3" exhaust and 200 for a wideband. I really wish I bought his DIY instead of being a moron and building my own SO Much less hassle.

and An Ebay turbo kit for the zetec would be just as hard as building your own because none of the crap they give you is made to fit except the downpipe, manifold and turbo (which wont last you very long) everything else you have to make or adjust.

NEVER Go Ebay for Turbo kits... Go Ebay for piping if you have someone that can customize that piping but besides that I wouldnt touch their turbo kit stuff. Also 90% of the couplers i have are from ebay... 4ply silicone with tbolt clamps and my exhaust is 3" vband all the way back and the 3" vband clamps and flanges all came from ebay.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Yeah, the EBAY kits are usually crap. Stay clear of them.

Listen to the guys advice above...Go with something good, you will never regret it...You should be able to reach your goal for about 7k if you take your time. AND your stock clutch may hold for a while, so tune it, get the boost sorted ( it takes a little time) and then if the cluctch starts going 6 months later you can plan and save for that then.

When you do the clutch you will want to consider an LSD ...I wouldn't want a boosted car without one!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After getting your advice I think ill go with the topspeedpreformance for 8psi, but ill jave to get somebody to install my stage 2 clutch and the new fuel pump and fuel injectors. But that leaves me with the tuning, did u say it was $550 or was that the guys name? And once I get the tune email, how do I get it into my car? Also I'm trying to figure out if the topspeedpreformance comes with the wideband and the mafia. Cause that's a lot tto spend on something with not all the pieces

·
Registered
280 Posts
Top Speed kit HERE They have the highest quality kit period. I have some of their work and it is top notch.

your gonna be hard pressed to beat that. they also have a DIY kit manifold and downpipe HERE and intercooler and piping HERE If you think you can finish it cheaper, although I promise you, you cant.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts