Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished the install of the "Home Depot Lip" on my zx4. I'm pretty impressed with how it turned out considering what it is made out of.

Also, you can't beat the price. The total price was under $20 includeing the screws and mounting tape used to install it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a similar problem. My lip was peeling back in the center of the bumbe though. To fix it, all I did was buy a couple of self-tapping screws and attached it. Other than that I have had to problems. After I set it up, I drove down to Iowa and back (about 120 miles round trip going 75mph) and the lip seemed to hold up great. I thought that it would be flapping in the wind or something.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
i went to home depot and i found a few garage door seals, etc, but i couldnt really find anything that looks like this. the things i found were extremely thin and flimsy, and they didnt really look like the stuff that everyone else is using. help please?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i went to home depot and i found a few garage door seals, etc, but i couldnt really find anything that looks like this. the things i found were extremely thin and flimsy, and they didnt really look like the stuff that everyone else is using. help please?
maybe your home depot was just out. in the original thread i made it showed a picture of the package you should be looking for.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm...if after you screwed in on every foot, and used double sided tape and you are still having troubles with it falling off, did you remember to clean off the area where the double sided tape sits on the bottom of the bumper? Or even if you waxed your car recently, you could run in to the problem with the lip falling off.

·
Registered
889 Posts
lol ya i had a problem with pass side too, it even fell off couple of days ago, so i just put some more tape all around and so far its allright

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey
i work at home depot
i didn't know they sold lips for the focus???

Yeah! It's a new item right down on isle 6! [joke]

It's actually the bottom seal to a garage door. It doesn't look that bad does it?

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
I honestly didn't expect it to look good, even after reading the How-To on this, but I gotta say, It looks good! Maybe a couple of 2ft strips with rounded edges along the rear corners next?

·
Registered
518 Posts
levin.matthew, are those the eBay Halo Projector headlights? How do you like them? Been eyein them on eBay for a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
levin.matthew, are those the eBay Halo Projector headlights? How do you like them? Been eyein them on eBay for a few weeks.
yeah, those are ebay halo projectors. I bought them for $210 with shipping included.

I love them. I havn't had any problems with them and I've had them for about 6 months and they are holding up just fine. The only thing that I had to do when I first got them was replace the weather seal that goes around the outside where the lense cover fits onto the housing. I just noitced that when ever I would wash my car, there would be water on the inside of them but ever sinse then, we've had some pretty crazy rain here and I havn't had a single problem.

Also, the light bulb that came with them SUCKED. All that's in there is in the mainbeam is a single H3 bulb. In my opinion it didn't put out the light spread that I wanted and it wasn't bright at all. The color was a dull yellow. So all I had to do was buy a better H3 bulb. Everyone mistakes me that I have a HID kit...It looks good.

The pictures attached to this thread are different shots of the halo projects. The one that is taken at night is a picture of my stockers so you can compare it with the halo projectors.

I hope that I answered you question...if you have any more, lemme know.

Attachments

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
not bad. still prefer the mach 1 lip, but of course it costs a hell of a lot more money. good route to go on a budget.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yah, i would prefer a real lip but i'm in college...haha got to love the college life I'm flat out broke

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I just bought the rubber version of the garage door seal.....at Home Depot. I also bought two rolls of Scotch "super heavy duty" tape at the same time.

That tape is the cause of the seal coming loose.....it simply doesn't adhere to the seal very well, although it sticks to the bumper ok.

I'm going to try some other brands of tape. Strips of Velcro from Sams stick really well to the rubber seal, so I may try the attachment with long Velcro strips.....that would make installation and adjustment really easy, with probably no screws necessary.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I used the 3M double sided indoor/outdoor heavy duy tape. I havn't had any problems with it coming apart or not adhering to the rubber lip. I drive about 65 miles a day on the interstate so I think it's passed the test for now. Give that tape a shot.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts