Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a subscriber to Car and Driver and this article in this months issue kind've brought a tear to my eye. Follow the link and see why.....

svt demise

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
yeah, it was reported on March 3rd I believe.........it's still sad.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
yeah back when i got my svtf (aug 2004) i heard about svt dropping the '05 line in preparation of the new '06 cobra and lightning but no focus. i kept my fingers crossed though for a turbo awd focus [:(] but that never materialized. i sure do hope ford or svt have a trick up their sleeves to keep up with the heavy competition.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
they're disbanding SVT and integrating it into their mainstream product lines. now you'll be able to buy the high performance cars at ANY dealership, instead of just at SVT certified dealerships...kind of the way you can get an SRT-4 at any dodge dealership, or any of the chevy SS models at any chevy dealership. the idea is to reach more people, make the product more available, and hopefully lead to higher production numbers

·
Registered
254 Posts
That is true, but my question is what high-performance cars??? Ford has done it's best to go mundane in my opinion. I still am proud to be a Ford enthusiast and owner but I have to say, my enthusiasm has dwindled with the news and actions Ford is taking with regard to performance oriented products. All that is available to the average joe, that can carry it's a$$ down the road at a good clip, is the Mustang GT and it is a great car in it's own right. But they are not limited runs nor do they carry any special stigma - it still is just a Mustang GT. Sure, the GT500 is there, but at $70k+ after the dealers take their cut, it's not really attainable for the average guy. Ford has really gone loco deciding to alienate the performance enthusiast by dropping SVT. That, more than anything, is a huge disappointment. It's not like Dodge (SRT) and Chevy (SS) have products that, for Ford to compete with, they'd have to create a new division - they had it!!! SVT was there and ready to compete - makes any excuses just rediculous.

·
Registered
511 Posts
All they had to do was bring over the RS [?|] [?|] [?|] How hard was that ????

[confused]

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
IN THE world on high performance name one domestic car company that can hang!! ford tried and then cut it out of the picture, the other big companies chimed in but still fell a little short.(-srt-4). ford answer to our problem is a little company called mazda

·
Registered
456 Posts
They always do thic crap ,they make the car and make a badass model then they kill it. Then the only the choice you have is the regular model, and then they do that halfassed and mark up the price so that no one can afford it. Then they make another model thats even better over seas and say it would cost too much money to ship it over here. (example: Focus RS, Falcon GT,Focus ST). All these cars would put the blue oval back on top, they just dont have the balls to do it b/c they dont want to hurt thier preciuos mustang![?|] [bash] [screwy] [boxface] [hatchet] [scream] [spank] [thumbd] [mad]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts