Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all very well know Greece/Hellas is a very small EU country. And although, ancient Greece was the brightest civilization on this planet, today's Greece sucks as hell!!![mad] Well if you're wondering why i'm so mad (even though I'm greek myself) is because of an electrical malfunction of my Focus which appeared last October, for which I have spent more than 2000 euros and it still hasn't been fixed. The problem started 15 days after I bought as lightly used from a Ford dealer. The dealer was the actual owner of the car and even though it was a model of 5/99, it had only 30000 kilometers run, so I thought it was a nice deal. Fifteen days later the problem made its first appearance. The battery indicator would turn on and after a while the ABS and the handbrake too, the last symptom is that all the displays reset. Since last October I take my car to the local registered Ford garage, to check the problem, and everytime they check it they tell me that this or that part is to blame for the malfunction and I need to pay to replace it. I have replaced twice the voltage regulator, the battery, then the whole alternator and finally the computer/processor. What get's me pissed off is that they don't know what's causing the problem and they replace parts by chance. They experiment with my Focus and have me pay for the parts they replace!!! I even called the official branch of Ford in Greece, which is Ford Motor Hellas, and they only thing thay had to say is that they hope my car gets fixed soon and that i won't have to pay more money for it. Of course they were totaly against any refunds. So, there you have the quality of service and repair of Ford in Greece. Absolute Zero!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI

Oh, something I forgot to mention. The problem causing the indicators to turn on and the displays to reset is that the alternator outputs 18-20 Volts instead of 12-14 that it should. Does anyone know why??? Note that the last part I replased was the processor itself so any thoughts of a defected processor forcing the alternator to output those extra Volts is discouraged. The only thing I haven't done so far is replace everything at once.[mad] [bash] [?|]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So that's what was causing it.

Well guys after I replaced everything ford found that the code inside my processor was wrong. You see when they replace the processor, they save the code of your old processor and copy it into the new. So after everything was replaced the only thing they hadn't checked was the code itself. And that's what they did. They went through the code and found that some settings were wrong. They downloaded the right settings from ford.com and everything is running ok. I would say, I'm very happy, but instead I'll say that I'm very dissapointed that I had to pay for the replacement of all these parts, that they were not defected after all, and I don't get any refund.

·
Registered
50 Posts
At least you got it sorted, I'm not suprised that you are disapionted about not getting a refund.

Have you done any modifications to your focus [driving]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Modifications, what's that???

Nop, no mods yet. I thought to install the chip that gives +15hp and runs parallel to the main proc, but right now I need some serious money saving. Future mods are 17" wheels and maybe some suspension hardening/lowering. My Focus is sky blue with black trims, the RS front bumper and black leather saloon. I think it looks quite nice but haven't got a pic to show you. Maybe in a few days I'll take one and put it online. Any suggestions are very welcome and will be appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts